Author Topic: Cell Phone question  (Read 2051 times)

Offline arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
Re: Cell Phone question
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2019, 01:56:47 AM »
Crap, LastPass requires you to install a browser extension.  My work won't allow that, and I'm not allowed to have my phone, either.  So basically, I couldn't manage any finances from work.  Well played, work.  Well played.

this is the password manager hardware I mentioned earlier. It works just as the video claims, I dont use it as much as I thought I would but its a great backup for me, this mite be what you need for work.

My employer (the Australian Government) does not allow non-preapproved devices to be connected to network-connected computers.

So don't connect it to your computer, you can still access the passwords and type them in manually.

Something like this would be worth attempting to get an approval. Everyone would be able to have more secure passwords without going online.

I just use LastPass on my phone. I access the passwords and type them in manually. I don't need to carry around an additional device.

Which is why I was responding to billz who is not permitted to use a phone, im not sure why you responded at all if you were not interested.

Because I didn't realise or had missed that the device could be used without having to connect it to your computer. I was attempting to point out that not all environments allow connection of random USB devices. I didn't, and don't, think it would be too much of a stretch to conclude that an environment that didn't allow mobile phones also would not allow USB devices to be connected to networked computers. That having been cleared up, I'll shut up now if you like.

I didn't mean for that post to sound so sarcastic so I guess I deserved that last comment, sorry

I understand.  ;D
Self-described nerd. Pronouns: He/Him.

Tarvek: There's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it.
Agatha: If that's what you think, then you're DOING IT WRONG!

Online Swagomatic

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2019, 11:54:39 AM »
So, I just got a new Samsung S10e, and I'm having trouble with the Patreon app.  I had an iPhone before, and I was using the Patreon app to listen to all of my subscribed to podcasts, but on the S10e, the app does not play podcasts, and when I download a podcast, it goes into google music or something.  Does anyone have any idea of what may be going on?  I'm not quite dialed into the Android environment after five years with an iPhone.
Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.
---George Bernard Shaw

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2019, 12:06:50 PM »
There may be a setting in Google Music or in the Google Podcast app that makes one of them the default player for podcasts. I know I had to tell Google Music that I did not want to include my PocketCast podcasts in my music library. That may be part of the problem, at least.
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

Online Swagomatic

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2019, 12:20:11 PM »
It's weird.  I got it to play some stuff yesterday, and this morning, I was able to listen to about 10 minutes of a podcast, then it stopped.  I am definitely looking at the default settings.  Thanks
Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.
---George Bernard Shaw

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

personate-rain