Media > Games

Subnautica - Spoilers Ahoy!

<< < (2/3) > >>

arthwollipot:

--- Quote from: Rai on April 08, 2019, 12:13:49 AM ---
--- Quote from: arthwollipot on April 07, 2019, 09:21:30 PM ---So I did find the Power Cell Charger over the weekend, which was nice. I also started cultivating gel sacks and deep shrooms, so I have aerogel now, and I've made the prawn suit. Next step is to actually make a few chargers in the Cyclops (which I have named Polyphemus because of course I have) and take the thing to the Lost River.

--- End quote ---

Putting chargers in the cyclops is a bad idea, it will just drain its power. You should carry spare, full batteries instead.

--- End quote ---

Oh well now you're just making sense. I should make a full set of six batteries. That's what I'll do. How fast do the power cells drain under normal use? I have the engine efficiency module.

Rai:

--- Quote from: arthwollipot on April 08, 2019, 01:25:03 AM ---
--- Quote from: Rai on April 08, 2019, 12:13:49 AM ---
--- Quote from: arthwollipot on April 07, 2019, 09:21:30 PM ---So I did find the Power Cell Charger over the weekend, which was nice. I also started cultivating gel sacks and deep shrooms, so I have aerogel now, and I've made the prawn suit. Next step is to actually make a few chargers in the Cyclops (which I have named Polyphemus because of course I have) and take the thing to the Lost River.

--- End quote ---

Putting chargers in the cyclops is a bad idea, it will just drain its power. You should carry spare, full batteries instead.

--- End quote ---

Oh well now you're just making sense. I should make a full set of six batteries. That's what I'll do. How fast do the power cells drain under normal use? I have the engine efficiency module.

--- End quote ---

I always  carried a full set of extra batteries, just in case (plus extra for the prawn suit) and never ran into problems.

Especialy beyond the Lost River, you should have the thermal reactor module (do some early expeditions with the prawn suit for kyanite. If anything bothers you, punc/drill it in the face. Punching is more effective) and you will never run out of battery power (if you keep the annoying leaches off.)

More cyclops tips: when near something big and scary, try to go with the slowest speed possible and turn off the lights. turn on silet running if you get way too close (be careful, it drains power quickly). Never use the fastest speed, it is pointless. It's not like you are in a hurry or that you can run away from anything. If attacked, kill all power and wait. In greater depths, sonar is your firend, but it also uses power.

Also, remember that you can build a lot of storage cabinets into the cyclops. Go crazy.

arthwollipot:
I've found that there are a lot of things out there that will try to attack you, but most of them are pretty easy to avoid. The problems occur when they sneak up on me from behind. Although, I gotta say, those Warper assholes are annoying.

Rai:

--- Quote from: arthwollipot on April 08, 2019, 09:44:44 PM ---I've found that there are a lot of things out there that will try to attack you, but most of them are pretty easy to avoid. The problems occur when they sneak up on me from behind. Although, I gotta say, those Warper assholes are annoying.

--- End quote ---

Only the big guys will care about the cyclops

arthwollipot:

--- Quote from: Rai on April 09, 2019, 12:34:34 AM ---
--- Quote from: arthwollipot on April 08, 2019, 09:44:44 PM ---I've found that there are a lot of things out there that will try to attack you, but most of them are pretty easy to avoid. The problems occur when they sneak up on me from behind. Although, I gotta say, those Warper assholes are annoying.

--- End quote ---

Only the big guys will care about the cyclops

--- End quote ---

Sure, but I can't collect nickel and crystallised silicon in the Cyclops. Gotta go out some time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version