Author Topic: Homeless Superhero patrolling the city streets of Atlanta  (Read 407 times)

Offline Captain Video

• Superhero of the Silver Screen
  • Frequent Poster
Homeless Superhero patrolling the city streets of Atlanta
« on: April 14, 2019, 02:05:42 PM »
I felt that this was worth sharing and mite spark up some interesting conversation.

Do NOT fuck with homeless in Atlanta, They now have exosuits!

This man patrols the surrounding downtown neighborhoods nightly. I have seen him while driving around but never spoke to him.

His cousin replied to this picture on FB after several people offered verbal support.

He is my first cousin. Tony has a brilliant mind but unfortunately also suffers from mental health issues. His suit resembles that of Ironman. He’s been working on it for over a year. Maybe two.

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the support and will pass it along to Tony. He is incredibly open to people asking about his suit and says it’s for his protection against things that come to harm him or cause him pain (which is what triggered his episodes). It takes an incredible amount to ingenuity to create something like this out of coat hangers, zip ties lol and a motorcycle helmet. I really do hope he gets recognized for bringing joy and inspiring people in Atlanta. If you see him say Hi! Ask him about his suit.

It makes me both happy and sad to see how this man is dealing with his mental health issues. I wish I had an incredibly awesome exosuit to protect me from my own demons. If I bump into him in person I will most certainly be buying him a meal, donation for his suit, or whatever he wants.
“Don't explain computers to laymen. Simpler to explain sex to a virgin.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

Offline Bill K

• Well Established
  • In fear & loathing.
Re: Homeless Superhero patrolling the city streets of Atlanta
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 06:08:11 PM »
That is really cool. Hopefully with the publicity I'm sure this man will attract will come some help with his struggles. This is emotionally inspiring for me for sure. It's like the plot of a film, really. I'm reminded of the movie Super for some reason.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 06:11:39 PM by Bill K »
[insert witty signature here (have I?)]

Offline benbradley

• Off to a Start
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 11:59:50 PM »
Someone should get him a ticket to DragonCon.

Offline daniel1948

• Isn’t a
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2019, 12:15:35 PM »
Love it.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 12:39:48 PM »
Kinda sad that he is relegated to handling his own mental health issues.  The suit is an interesting metaphor though.  I hope it is not mistaken as aggressive.
Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed to be
-Uptown, Prince 👉

The world is on its elbows and knees
It's forgotten the message and worships the creeds

Offline Bill K

• Well Established
  • In fear & loathing.
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 10:26:27 PM »
Kinda sad that he is relegated to handling his own mental health issues.  The suit is an interesting metaphor though.  I hope it is not mistaken as aggressive.

I fear this man may not be being relegated but instead possibly refusing to seek and/or accept treatment.
[insert witty signature here (have I?)]

personate-rain
personate-rain