Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion [SPOILERS FOR LATEST EPISODES]  (Read 10004 times)

Online CarbShark

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion [SPOILERS FOR LATEST EPISODES]
« Reply #255 on: May 14, 2019, 04:23:36 PM »
I'm starting to think Daenerys will win, John and the Starks will rebel and she kills them all or similar.  The mad Queen takes the throne, end of story.

I think that Sansa, Jon and Arya will be in a position to kill Dany, but they won't, instead they'll become pacifists and be holding hands while singing the Westros equivalent of Cumbya as the end credits roll. And all the dead characters will reappear wearing tuxes and smiling and applauding.
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #256 on: May 14, 2019, 04:59:58 PM »
Which actors do we think are the biggest winners out of this show overall?
Momoa, somehow, inexplicably seems to be the stand out?

Offline Calinthalus

• Too Much Spare Time
    • My Page
« Reply #257 on: May 14, 2019, 05:26:11 PM »
Probably Lena Headey for me.  Just consistently great throughout.  Dinklage has been great.  Charles Dance for the little time he had. 

Wait, were you talking about best performances, or biggest winner in the idea of biggest change of career path?
"I think computer viruses should count as life. Maybe it says something about human nature, that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. Talk about creating life in our own image."
--Stephen Hawking

Online Swagomatic

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #258 on: May 14, 2019, 05:33:52 PM »
I predict that they will all have been dead, and that Westeros is really some sort of a purgatory, just like the island in Lost.
Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.
---George Bernard Shaw

Online Swagomatic

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #259 on: May 14, 2019, 05:36:42 PM »
As far as the actors go, Peter Dinkledge, Kit Harington and Maisie Williams.
Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance.
---George Bernard Shaw

Online CarbShark

« Reply #260 on: May 14, 2019, 07:22:00 PM »

The anger of ‘Game of Thrones’ fans is part of the game - Los Angeles Times

I will still consider it the greatest show ever — just look at all the triumph and despair we’ve experienced, the outrage and elation. Look at all the great conversations we’ve had about so many things.

That’s the real, and best, game in “Game of Thrones.”
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Offline Eternally Learning

• Master Mr. a.k.a. Methodical Loaf
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Break a leg, badger!
    • Get Past The 140 Character Limit!
« Reply #261 on: May 14, 2019, 09:34:32 PM »
And people are way more involved and interested in US politics since Trump was elected, but I'd still rather that not have happened. Seriously, who wishes for the cloud just so they can have the silver lining besides Thanos?

Offline Harry Black

• Global Moderator
« Reply #262 on: May 14, 2019, 11:09:29 PM »
Probably Lena Headey for me.  Just consistently great throughout.  Dinklage has been great.  Charles Dance for the little time he had. 

Wait, were you talking about best performances, or biggest winner in the idea of biggest change of career path?
Career.
But both are interesting questions imo.

Online Tassie Dave

• Frequent Poster
  • Go Tiges
« Reply #263 on: May 15, 2019, 03:10:20 AM »
No-one has mentioned Sophie Turner (Sansa). Like Jason Mamoa she has gone from nothing to being the title star of a blockbuster.

Dark Phoenix is out next month. She is Jean Gray/Dark Phoenix

Offline Rai

• PIZZASAURUS
  • Global Moderator
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #264 on: May 15, 2019, 03:27:34 AM »
Lena Headey was earning 1 million USD per episode this season and all she had to do is to drink wine and look out of a window, that is as good as it gets as far as a career goes.

I really would not list Kit Harington as a winner. Yes, he was unknown before, but all he got out of fame so far was a few awful B-movies and playing a minor character in the How to Train Your Dragon sequels.

Offline Tatyana

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #265 on: May 15, 2019, 03:43:08 AM »
Lena Headey was earning 1 million USD per episode this season and all she had to do is to drink wine and look out of a window, that is as good as it gets as far as a career goes.

I really would not list Kit Harington as a winner. Yes, he was unknown before, but all he got out of fame so far was a few awful B-movies and playing a minor character in the How to Train Your Dragon sequels.

Success for British actors is not always mainstream Hollywood.........

https://www.whatsonstage.com/london-theatre/news/game-of-thrones-stars-stage-kit-maisie_47662.html

Offline Harry Black

• Global Moderator
« Reply #266 on: May 15, 2019, 06:16:11 AM »

Success for British actors is not always mainstream Hollywood.........

https://www.whatsonstage.com/london-theatre/news/game-of-thrones-stars-stage-kit-maisie_47662.html
One thing I am really happy about is that the show has put in the spotlight many actors without the traditional southern UK accents that one associates with prominent British performers . I think it has actually broken some class barriers in that respect.

It is a bit sad to me that one of the worst actors who had barely any lines is now the one whose kids will never need to work.
On the other hand, Pedro Pascal will be forever beloved!

Offline Calinthalus

• Too Much Spare Time
    • My Page
« Reply #267 on: May 15, 2019, 06:50:51 AM »
Richard Madden (Rob Stark) got that starring role in Bodyguard.  I thought he did a great job in it. 

As far as risen star goes though, yeah, it's Mamoa and/or Turner.  It's done good for other as far as level of fame goes, but those two have gone from unknown to fronting blockbuster movies.  Of course, you could argue that it's a bigger jump for Turner than Mamoa since he had a career before this show in Stargate and other things, and she was a child.

I'm looking forward to Pascal's new endeavor at the end of this year.
"I think computer viruses should count as life. Maybe it says something about human nature, that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. Talk about creating life in our own image."
--Stephen Hawking

Offline mindme

• Reef Tank Owner
    • http://www.yrad.com/cs
« Reply #268 on: May 15, 2019, 07:56:07 AM »
Someone pointed out to me if I thought this was going to be a story about good people fixing a broken culture, I was wrong. I thought Tyrian would marry Dany (uniting their houses) and Rob would be King of the North. But, huh, now I'm thinking Dany realizes no one loves her in Westros. She could have ruled fairly and been loved on Essos and maybe with her remaining dragon and forces she can return and do good there.
"Because the world needs more Mark Crislip."

Conspiracy Skeptic Podcast
Korean Podcast
Michael Goudeau, Vegas Comedy Entertainer Available for Trade Shows

Offline Harry Black

• Global Moderator
« Reply #269 on: May 15, 2019, 08:02:49 AM »
I worry that if X-Men bombs it may be the end of Turner as a big budget star. Women tend to get far fewer chances than men in that regard.

I wouldnt mind seeing Dany go back to her other kingdoms. I wonder if her steward would be so happy to see her return?
After such crazy war crimes though, some people might find it unsatisfying?

personate-rain