Author Topic: Golden Books - Tough one to find.on an old fireman / fire emgine?  (Read 127 times)

Online Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
I am curious if maybe somebody else has a memory of something like this.
I am fairly sure but not positive that it was a Golden Book

It was a book about an old fire man that seemed to be just staying around the fire station and and an old fire truck that was retired. One day there was a massive fire that all the younger fire men and fire engines went on. They were all gone when there was a call of a house on fire and the only ones left to fight the fire was the old man and the old fire truck. 

Tried various google searches but they have so far failed me.

"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Online Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
Re: Golden Books - Tough one to find.on an old fireman / fire emgine?
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 06:35:52 PM »
That is not the right one
thank you for trying though.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 06:45:45 PM by Desert Fox »
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Online Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
Re: Golden Books - Tough one to find.on an old fireman / fire emgine?
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 08:17:57 PM »
Thanks, I think that is the one
— Robert G. Ingersoll

personate-rain