Author Topic: Current list of mods and lead admin  (Read 1764 times)

Offline Jay

• SGU Panel Member
  • Keeps Priorities Straight
Current list of mods and lead admin
« on: May 28, 2019, 07:51:41 PM »
Hey guys, I'd like the latest information on the forums team. New people are having issues signing up and Id like to work with you to fix the issues. ;D
I don't believe it. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. - Ford Prefect  "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Online Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Global Moderator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Re: Current list of mods and lead admin
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 12:32:26 PM »
Hi Jay!
Sorry for the delay, I didnt notice the new post until just now!
If you let me know what information you need I will get it for you asap!
For the sign up issue I will nudge the others in case they missed this and we can see whats going on!

Offline Jay

• SGU Panel Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 11:58:10 AM »
No worries  :P  We recently updated the website so I was thinking we could give the forums a refresh as well. Also, we might be able to get less expensive hosting (and most likely better) if we move the site to where the SGU website is now hosted.

Id like access to the backend of the forums software etc. What do you think? Also id like a list of the admins/mods so I know who to contact.  Is it me or does Bobs head :bob: look like an angry bird?
I don't believe it. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. - Ford Prefect  "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

Offline Belgarath

• Forum Sugar Daddy
  • Technical Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 01:06:18 PM »
No worries  :P  We recently updated the website so I was thinking we could give the forums a refresh as well. Also, we might be able to get less expensive hosting (and most likely better) if we move the site to where the SGU website is now hosted.

Id like access to the backend of the forums software etc. What do you think? Also id like a list of the admins/mods so I know who to contact.  Is it me or does Bobs head :bob: look like an angry bird?

It does look like an angry bird.

Technical Mods are:

Myself,
Wastrel,
The Latinist.

Anything back end related or software related we handle.  Happy to assist in any way with the move. 

#non-belief denialist

Offline Belgarath

• Forum Sugar Daddy
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 05:13:39 PM »
I should add that we can send you a full backup of the entire site that is current if you want.  Essentially you need php and mysql for the SMF application.

#non-belief denialist

Online The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 05:48:50 PM »
Jay,

Our current team looks like this:

Global Moderators: AQB24712, DG, Harry Black, Rai, and
Moderator Emeritus: Louie
Local moderator for Games: PANTS!
Technical Administrators: Belgarath, wastrel, The Latinist

I am the one who rewrote the theme for this site to match the old SGU site.  I’d be happy to work with you on re-theming it to match the new one.

If you could let me know what issues people are having signing up, aid be glad to investigate further.

I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Offline AQB24712

• Not a Euphemism.
  • Global Moderatrix
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Did you just call me..."Bacon girl"?
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2019, 03:50:16 PM »
Jay,

Our current team looks like this:

Global Moderators: AQB24712, DG, Harry Black, Rai, and TheIrreverend
Moderator Emeritus: Louie
Local moderator for Games: PANTS!
Technical Administrators: Belgarath, wastrel, The Latinist

I am the one who rewrote the theme for this site to match the old SGU site.  I’d be happy to work with you on re-theming it to match the new one.

If you could let me know what issues people are having signing up, aid be glad to investigate further.
"There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind."  Kurt Vonnegut
"You can bet your last money it's all gonna be a stone gas, honey."  Don Cornelius
"Wow! You spark up my entire thinking faculty."  A scammer/bot on a dating site

Offline Jay

• SGU Panel Member
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 11:52:10 AM »
Guys people are saying they can not create an account on the forum. Can you check on this and let me know when it's been resolved?

Also, if you think a re-skin is needed let me know. Thanks!  -Jay

Online The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2019, 02:37:21 PM »
Guys people are saying they can not create an account on the forum. Can you check on this and let me know when it's been resolved?

Also, if you think a re-skin is needed let me know. Thanks!  -Jay

I looked into it, and I believe it was an issue displaying the security questions.  I have disabled those questions for now, so that we’re relying on reCAPTCHA alone.  I’ll discuss a permanent fix with the other admins.
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Offline Jay

• SGU Panel Member
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2019, 09:36:38 AM »
I am still getting emails stating that people can not sign up. Can you test signing up and let me know if it works for you?

Offline Belgarath

• Forum Sugar Daddy
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2019, 01:00:54 PM »
I am still getting emails stating that people can not sign up. Can you test signing up and let me know if it works for you?

Yes.  I've tested it just now and have been able to create an account.
#non-belief denialist

Online The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2019, 02:47:22 PM »

Yes, I’ve varied working.  Can you give us any more details about the problems people are having?  It’s hard to diagnose without more specifics.  Is it an issue with the captcha/form submission, E-mail verification, or something else?

Offline Jay

• SGU Panel Member
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2019, 09:15:28 AM »
Guys can someone send me their email address so I can send you info about new registrants?

personate-rain