Author Topic: Current list of mods and lead admin  (Read 2756 times)

Offline Soldier of FORTRAN

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Cache rules everything around me.
Re: Current list of mods and lead admin
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2019, 09:33:56 PM »
Lately, search has started returning the occasional gateway timeout error.  Could that be related?  Something intermittent?
... in war the screams are loud and harsh and in peace the wail is so drawn-out we tell ourselves we hear nothing.

Offline Belgarath

• Forum Sugar Daddy
  • Technical Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2019, 03:29:09 PM »
Lately, search has started returning the occasional gateway timeout error.  Could that be related?  Something intermittent?

That can happen with accessing the database for a large query.  The issue with registration doesn't do a large query so it shouldn't be an issue.

#non-belief denialist

Offline Belgarath

• Forum Sugar Daddy
  • Technical Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2019, 03:40:14 PM »
Hey Guys. I am still getting many emails with people saying they can't register. Is anything being done to fix the issue?

We don't even know WHAT to fix because we don't know what the error is.  Are they typing the wrong address?  Can't get by the reCAPTCHA?  Trying to register without a legit email address?

Are they trying to hide their IP address? I am seeing a couple of registration attempts in the last 30 days where people are spoofing an ip address of 127.0.0.1.  That's a common tactic of spammers so that ip address is automatically filtered out and the registration is ignored.

Without more info it's really hard to do anything to work on.

My email address is available in my profile.
#non-belief denialist

personate-rain
personate-rain