Author Topic: Gmail listing "Unknown" among signed in IP addresses  (Read 284 times)

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Stopped Going Outside
Gmail listing "Unknown" among signed in IP addresses
« on: June 06, 2019, 06:22:48 PM »
I sometimes check the Gmail IP addresses log. And I did that today, and for yesterday it lists my IP address at the time, along with my web browser and my location. But in the midst of that, one access is listed with the same IP and same location, but no web browser, simply saying "Unknown" instead of listing the web browser.

Is this some known issue with Gmail? What could be behind it?

I don't use any external apps to access my Gmail, so that should not be a cause.

Edit: Updated the log. Today again it lists an "Unknown" access, but with the same IP address. It is not listed with a *, so apparently it is not the same session.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 06:31:02 PM by Quetzalcoatl »
"I’m a member of no party. I have no ideology. I’m a rationalist. I do what I can in the international struggle between science and reason and the barbarism, superstition and stupidity that’s all around us." - Christopher Hitchens

Offline The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Too Much Spare Time
Re: Gmail listing "Unknown" among signed in IP addresses
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 04:45:55 PM »
Seriously, dude, you’ve got to stop doing this.  How many threads have you made now about this kind of paranoid stuff?  If you’re worried, change your password.  Better yet, enable two-factor authentication. And then stop looking at these things.
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 05:03:03 PM »
Better yet, enable two-factor authentication. And then stop looking at these things.

I already have that. Does it mean one is bullet-proof?
"I’m a member of no party. I have no ideology. I’m a rationalist. I do what I can in the international struggle between science and reason and the barbarism, superstition and stupidity that’s all around us." - Christopher Hitchens

Offline John Albert

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 06:13:49 AM »
This might be a question to ask Google.

personate-rain