Author Topic: Stadia, google get's into gaming  (Read 205 times)

Offline moj

• beer snob
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Stadia, google get's into gaming
« on: June 07, 2019, 01:37:41 PM »
Pre order is out, anyone getting it? I love the idea of it, and hope it works well, not sure I'm ready to pull the trigger just yet. I'm excited to see how it goes, I've slipped more into a casual gamer but its very temping.

https://store.google.com/product/stadia_founders_edition?utm_source=promo&utm_medium=email_crm&utm_campaign=GS102726

Offline moj

• beer snob
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Re: Stadia, google get's into gaming
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 02:37:14 PM »
I see you goog's trying to take there thunder. Will be interesting to see...

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/08/06/google-stadia-connect-press-conference-confirmed-for-gamescom-2019

Google announced today that it will hold another Stadia Connect press conference during Gamescom 2019.

The conference will be on August 19 at 10am PDT (7pm CEST), which is an hour before Gamescom’s Opening Night Live press conference that will play host to PlayStation, Xbox, and more.

Offline Guillermo

• Frequent Poster
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2019, 03:45:30 PM »
Wasn't the problem the limited bandwidth that most potential costumers have to deal with in the US?

And wasn't this a sugar substitute?
"There will one day be a member named "No Lynch" and he won't be able to play mafia.  :P"

Offline The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 05:11:10 PM »
They’re promising 4K60, right?  That’ll take about 15 Mbps.  The bigger issue, I should think, will be latency.
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

personate-rain