Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion [SPOILERS FOR LATEST EPISODES]  (Read 9793 times)

Offline 2397

• Frequent Poster
Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion [SPOILERS FOR LATEST EPISODES]
« Reply #405 on: June 05, 2019, 03:43:05 AM »
First two episodes, sort of meh.

Third episode, literally too dark. I try not to be that bothered about special effects, But if you're ditching diagloue in favor of action, at least make sure that we can see the action. I didn't really care about the peril while I was being annoyed by the visuals, and not having much in terms of dialogue to add to the story. The ending was great, though. Funny, actually. I laughed at how suddenly it ended. If stabbing the Night King with a certain type of material was all it took, why not make arrow tips out of it? Maybe practice dropping big chunks of it from a dragon, or teaching the dragons to do it.

Fourth episode, it was alright for the most part. Why do the dragons fly so low? Why wouldn't they be using their height advantage to scout out the path ahead from way up, on behalf of everyone? I guess they just didn't think they could be killed. Again, it would be nice to be able to drop objects from the dragons. How high up can they go? Assuming gravity works the same way in this universe, that could be quite powerful.

Fifth episode, fuckity hell. Instant tyrant on a saurus. Why not at least go directly for Cersei after you took out all the AA systems? Why build up to Cersei through the masses of civilians? She must've fantasized about slaughtering everyone in the city before, hoping that they wouldn't surrender. And yeah, what's the deal with Jamie?

Final episode. I was expecting Jon to stab her to death at first opportunity. Which was when Grey Worm was occupied with walking Tyrion out of there. With how much convincing it took, it's good that he didn't become the king.

I have a few minor questions but its stuff I can live with.

for instance:

What is the point of a Night Watch now?  No Night King and the wildlings are friends now.

I thought it was just an excuse to get Jon out of there alive. Which is basically what Tyrion said, there needs to be somewhere for unwanted people to go.

And I thought Bran as king was fair enough. He's both lacking in desire for power, and has a handy superpower.

Offline mindme

• Reef Tank Owner
    • http://www.yrad.com/cs
« Reply #406 on: June 05, 2019, 08:33:41 AM »
Fourth episode, it was alright for the most part. Why do the dragons fly so low?

This season there are so many examples of the writers deciding on the story line and then having characters just do stupid, uncharacteristic things to lock step march right through the plot. That's but one example.

"Because the world needs more Mark Crislip."

Conspiracy Skeptic Podcast
Korean Podcast
Michael Goudeau, Vegas Comedy Entertainer Available for Trade Shows

Offline Guillermo

• Frequent Poster
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
« Reply #407 on: June 05, 2019, 08:41:53 AM »
Fourth episode, it was alright for the most part. Why do the dragons fly so low? Why wouldn't they be using their height advantage to scout out the path ahead from way up, on behalf of everyone? I guess they just didn't think they could be killed. Again, it would be nice to be able to drop objects from the dragons. How high up can they go? Assuming gravity works the same way in this universe, that could be quite powerful.
The worst part is that in Season 7 they use a scorpion on Drogon and it almost kills him. So She knows that they have the ability to hurt their dragons. I guess she forgot about that too.
"There will one day be a member named "No Lynch" and he won't be able to play mafia.  :P"

Offline Paul Blevins Jr.

• Keeps Priorities Straight
« Reply #408 on: June 05, 2019, 02:42:19 PM »
I would imagine after seeing how devastating the fire-breath of a dragon can be, one would think dropping big rocks kind of a waste of time. But what are the limits of a dragon's fire? The show, particularly during the destruction of King's Landing, seems to indicate there are done. It never gets exhausted? It's not dependent on how much a dragon has eaten or the quality of it's food? Earlier in the season, they mentioned the dragon's were not eating as much as they should, not liking the environment of the North. I thought this was foreshadowing for something, perhaps a dragon being exhausted at a crucial moment...but nope. Totally meaningless and forgotten.

Offline 2397

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #409 on: June 05, 2019, 05:23:24 PM »
I would imagine after seeing how devastating the fire-breath of a dragon can be, one would think dropping big rocks kind of a waste of time. But what are the limits of a dragon's fire? The show, particularly during the destruction of King's Landing, seems to indicate there are done. It never gets exhausted? It's not dependent on how much a dragon has eaten or the quality of it's food? Earlier in the season, they mentioned the dragon's were not eating as much as they should, not liking the environment of the North. I thought this was foreshadowing for something, perhaps a dragon being exhausted at a crucial moment...but nope. Totally meaningless and forgotten.

Yeah, would've thought they would convert something into fire, however magical the conversion is. But on screen the main issue is range. A rock could be dropped from any height they can fly to, getting more powerful the further up it's dropped from.

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Global Moderator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #410 on: June 05, 2019, 05:46:03 PM »
Dragon fire seems to be able to make buildings explode anyway, even absent of wildfire, so there really seems to be no need of other applications.

Offline Soldier of FORTRAN

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Cache rules everything around me.
« Reply #411 on: June 06, 2019, 12:26:26 AM »
If global warming is real then how come I just felt this chill down my spine?

personate-rain