Author Topic: Pet-co has drunk the naturalistic flavor aid.  (Read 122 times)

Offline lucek

• Not Enough Spare Time
Pet-co has drunk the naturalistic flavor aid.
« on: June 07, 2019, 07:30:10 PM »
Today I went to pet-co only to fend that the normal brands I would expect to see there are gone. Turns out that Pet-co dedicated themselves to "not sell food and treats containing artificial colors, flavors and preservatives". This means that basically they do not sell many of the brands you would think of when we talk pet food anymore. Pedigree, Purina Dog Chow, Iams, Fancy Feast, and Friskiest all won't be available anymore. All over misguided fears of yellow number 5 etc. All in all it's not my store. I'm just not shopping there anymore. Not in a protest but because none of what my picky cat eats is available.

I only have to wonder if they thought about the fact that some of their consumers don't fall for the BS about equals, good artificial bad.
You have the power, but. . .
Power is just energy over time and. . .
Energy is just the ability to do work.

Offline swan

• Off to a Start
Re: Pet-co has drunk the naturalistic flavor aid.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 09:28:49 PM »
Should I guess all the new brands were more expensive than the usual fare? (Maybe not, if they own some of the "small companies" making the new stuff.) General Mills tried the same thing a few years ago, but when they realized that no one wants to buy monochrome Trix they reversed course. In Petco's case, most people who can afford to shop there can also afford to buy it in bulk from Amazon.

Now I just wonder if the "no artificial stuff" ban applies to their discount ketamine. (That may actually be what's keeping them profitable.)

Offline CarbShark

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Re: Pet-co has drunk the naturalistic flavor aid.
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 10:57:39 PM »
I just wonder if how much meat is in any of those foods that are made for carnivores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

personate-rain