Author Topic: "To Boldly F**king Go" or "Say fascinating again Vulcan f**ker, I dare you!"  (Read 768 times)

Offline Captain Video

• Superhero of the Silver Screen
  • Frequent Poster
"To Boldly Fucking Go" or "Say fascinating again Vulcan fucker, I dare you!"

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/tarantino-star-trek-project-sweary-r-rated/?fbclid=IwAR3IqU5kS1-19jEg0XxMpaRViy8uyoqDOaghviEaBMRgpJ9wmUVkztDxdFc/

Speaking in the upcoming new issue of Empire, Tarantino confirmed that his new frontier for Star Trek will be swear-laden (“Oh yeah!”), and that it will be R-rated if he steps behind the camera. “It’s an R-rated movie,” he said. “If I do it, it’ll be R-rated.” As for the latest stage of the project, the filmmaker said: “There’s a script that exists for it now. I need to weigh in on it, but I haven’t been able to do that yet.” When Once Upon A Time In Hollywood hits the big screen later this summer, it sounds like QT could be setting off at Warp speed into cosmic science fiction.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

The idea of an R rated adult version of ST excites me. Part of me also feels it should be for all ages.

What do you think?
“Don't explain computers to laymen. Simpler to explain sex to a virgin.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

Offline xenu

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Chicago Blackhawks 2010,13,15 Stanley Cup Champion
I'm the same way. I would like to see a darker ST but I also feel that it should be an all ages thing
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
Douglas Adams

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
Don't like poo-poo, don't say poo-poo. And don't go poo-poo if you hear poo-poo.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline Captain Video

• Superhero of the Silver Screen
  • Frequent Poster
Samuel Jackson needs to be the Captain or a bad ass Klingon villain.

Harvey Keitel can be Admiral Wolf.

I predict at some point we will see some naked green Orion girl feet.

Regardless of how I feel about it, he already has my money.  I'm curious how the ST community as a whole will respond.
“Don't explain computers to laymen. Simpler to explain sex to a virgin.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

Offline CarbShark

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
I would take my kids to an R-Rated Quentin Tarantino Star Trek.
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Offline bimble

• Seasoned Contributor
I am both curious, and slightly repulsed by the thought... though I do find his films a bit marmite... I either love them (Kill Bill) or loath them (Inglourious Basterds), but I am struggling to imagine a more regular ST film in his style.

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
WHEN is Nick Frost going to get to be Mudd?
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
I would not watch a Tarantino Star Trek.
Self-described nerd. Pronouns: He/Him.

Tarvek: There's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it.
Agatha: If that's what you think, then you're DOING IT WRONG!

Offline st3class

• Keeps Priorities Straight
Discovery has already started down the path, why not keep going I guess.
It's always more complicated than that.

Offline stands2reason

• Empiricist, Positivist, Militant Agnostic
I would take my kids to an R-Rated Quentin Tarantino Star Trek.

Klingon, muthafucka! Do you speak it!?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 10:44:06 AM by stands2reason »

Offline Eternally Learning

• Master Mr. a.k.a. Methodical Loaf
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Break a leg, badger!
    • Get Past The 140 Character Limit!
I don't want a take that goes even farther away from Gene's Utopian vision than we already have and I don't exactly want a bunch of superfluous cursing (though Disco has already broke that ground), but I'm super interested in seeing the visual style and aesthetic that he could bring to this franchise.  I mean, 50% of what the man does is take the filming styles of the '60s and '70s and ape them in more modern and edgy fashions.  I'd love to see what he'd do with TOS' tropes and what not.  I'm not super sold this is a great idea, but I'm very open to the possibilities.

Offline jt512

• Frequent Poster
    • jt512
Discovery has already started down the path, why not keep going I guess.

Because Discovery sucks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ich verstehe nur Bahnhof.

Online Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Global Moderator
If he brings the care and attention of a fan to the movie then it could be great. But if I was picking names off of a board to make this, he would be a hard no as his style is so at odds with what trek is and represents.

Offline mindme

• Reef Tank Owner
    • http://www.yrad.com/cs
I didn't like the Star Trek reboot. Bleh. I remember finding Star Trek Beyond  on Netflix and I was like "oh, did I totally miss the third movie in the reboot?" As I watched it, I remembered I had actually seen it in the theater but absolutely nothing of the plot stuck in my mind. Zip.

Anyway, that said, anything might be welcome. The thing I hate about reboots is they sign big named stars or people on the verge of being huge. They sign them to a three picture movie deal. They movies get made. The stars are now so super famous they can't and won't resign for a new set of Star Trek (or Spiderman...) movies. And then the fuckin' series gets rebooted yet again. What I liked about the old series as movies and then TNG as movies is all those people were just happy to work and made movies and then made the next one and cashed another pay check. They had to focus on a good story, not figuring out how to get scenes in with some hot pretty boy star on the back of a motorbike in the 25th century.
"Because the world needs more Mark Crislip."

Conspiracy Skeptic Podcast
Korean Podcast
Michael Goudeau, Vegas Comedy Entertainer Available for Trade Shows

Offline brilligtove

• Too Much Spare Time
  • Ignorance can be cured. Stupidity, you deal with.
The first movie in the reboot is on my list of "watch anytime" movies. The other ones are on my "actively avoid" list. They make me angry because of all the stupid writing. Sooooo stupid.

I don't know if Tarantino's artistic vision can work in the TOS/Kelvin timeline - I don't know his work well enough to judge. At this point I'd take anyone who can write. I'm pretty sure he can do that.
evidence trumps experience | performance over perfection | responsibility – authority = scapegoat | emotions motivate; data doesn't

personate-rain
personate-rain