Author Topic: Marc Randazza Is Too Unethical To Represent Alex Jones  (Read 532 times)

Offline fuzzyMarmot

• Seasoned Contributor
Marc Randazza Is Too Unethical To Represent Alex Jones
« on: June 24, 2019, 07:10:21 PM »
News about the SGU lawyer, guest, and NECSS speaker:

Connecticut Judge: Attorney Marc Randazza Is Too Unethical To Represent Alex Jones

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/marc-randazza-alex-jones-connecticut-judge_n_5c919bd6e4b0dbf58e459cf5

Offline John Albert

• Too Much Spare Time
Re: Marc Randazza Is Too Unethical To Represent Alex Jones
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 07:11:10 PM »
Damn, that's a cold burn.

Randazza sure is an asshole though.

Offline daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 11:55:16 AM »
Maybe Steve hired him as a preemptive action so that the sleazeball suing him would not get him. You don't want someone that unethical working for the other side.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline fuzzyMarmot

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 06:42:22 PM »
Maybe Steve hired him as a preemptive action so that the sleazeball suing him would not get him. You don't want someone that unethical working for the other side.

:) This is definitely applying the idea of maximal generosity. Or perhaps the idea was to stand next to the biggest possible sleaze ball, so that you look like a saint by comparison. Not that Steve and the rogues need that-- they are already saints in my book (though I'm sure they would reject the supernatural connotations).

The interview on the SGU and the NECSS slot are a little harder to be generous about :(

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2019, 12:04:32 PM »
Fuck, that article keeps on going and going.  So much insanity.
Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed to be
-Uptown, Prince 👉

The world is on its elbows and knees
It's forgotten the message and worships the creeds

Offline Eternally Learning

• Master Mr. a.k.a. Methodical Loaf
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Break a leg, badger!
    • Get Past The 140 Character Limit!
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 11:56:31 PM »
Fuck me... I didn't realize just how bad this guy was.  I don't listen to the SGU anymore; are they still using him to represent their skeptical SLAPP fund?  I've gathered Steve isn't big on publicly eating crow for things of this nature, so it wouldn't surprise me to find they've just quietly stopped using him without ever addressing it.

Offline fuzzyMarmot

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2019, 03:28:47 AM »
Fuck me... I didn't realize just how bad this guy was.  I don't listen to the SGU anymore; are they still using him to represent their skeptical SLAPP fund?  I've gathered Steve isn't big on publicly eating crow for things of this nature, so it wouldn't surprise me to find they've just quietly stopped using him without ever addressing it.

I had a negative experience contacting the SGU directly in the past over this issue, so I decided not to try again. In past interactions, they seemed to stand by using Randazza as an attorney and giving him a platform on the show and conference. I know that Britt Hermes sought his advice for her lawsuit (but she was represented by a European lawyer).

As much as I adore the SGU and appreciate their work, I think that self-criticism is not their strong suit. I can't remember a time when Steve has apologized for anything (whether it be editorial choices or small errors) on the show.

I would applaud anyone who has more courage than I do, and would contact the SGU about issuing an apology for Randazza.

Online Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2019, 04:43:37 AM »
Very little of this is new information since the last time we discussed Randazza.

Offline fuzzyMarmot

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2019, 06:28:43 PM »
The fact that Randazza decided to represent Alex Jones, but the judge ruled he was too unethical? That's new news.

Online Harry Black

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2019, 06:41:55 PM »
The fact that Randazza decided to represent Alex Jones, but the judge ruled he was too unethical? That's new news.
Oh totally. I get that.
I just mean that the reasons he is unethical arent new. We knew this.

Offline fuzzyMarmot

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2019, 06:50:38 PM »
Oh totally. I get that.
Yes, you are definitely right. Almost all of the ethics violations in the article have been previously reported on. The thing I found interesting was the external validation by a judge that this falls outside the realm of acceptable behavior in the legal profession. I also enjoyed the irony of him being too unethical to represent the greatest villain in the skeptical universe.

Online Harry Black

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2019, 06:54:26 PM »
Oh totally. I get that.
Yes, you are definitely right. Almost all of the ethics violations in the article have been previously reported on. The thing I found interesting was the external validation by a judge that this falls outside the realm of acceptable behavior in the legal profession. I also enjoyed the irony of him being too unethical to represent the greatest villain in the skeptical universe.
Hmmm. I dont consider him a part of the skeptical universe aside from having the SGU as a client.
I think there are much bigger "villains" in terms of rapists and anti feminists/islamaphobes.

But yeah. Good to see him being the taken down.

Offline Beef Wellington

• Not Enough Spare Time
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2019, 07:19:35 PM »
I also enjoyed the irony of him being too unethical to represent the greatest villain in the skeptical universe.
Hmmm. I dont consider him a part of the skeptical universe aside from having the SGU as a client.
I think there are much bigger "villains" in terms of rapists and anti feminists/islamaphobes.

I think FM meant Jones is the villain
"Computers don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose" - Dale Gribble

Offline fuzzyMarmot

• Seasoned Contributor
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2019, 08:34:20 PM »
I also enjoyed the irony of him being too unethical to represent the greatest villain in the skeptical universe.

I think FM meant Jones is the villain
Yes! I meant Alex Jones is the villain. And even he might not be as bad as the other folks mentioned by HB.

personate-rain