Author Topic: Major Lawsuit against Scientology  (Read 216 times)

Offline Desert Fox

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
Major Lawsuit against Scientology
« on: June 24, 2019, 08:04:20 PM »
There is a major lawsuit against Scientology. It is about the issues we might expect where they are abusing children, working grueling hours for virtually no pay,  solitary confinement, and general mistreatment.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/church-of-scientology-me-too_n_5d0a904ce4b06ad4d25a85dd

The alleged victim in Tuesday’s lawsuit, identified only as “Jane Doe” in court documents, claims she was born into Scientology in 1979 and that “her entire life was dictated and controlled by Scientology’s abusive policies, procedures and rules.” According to the complaint, Doe lived in strict, “military-like conditions” as a child at the church’s spiritual headquarters in Florida, called “Flag Base,” and was taught from a young age to never report what happened to her to police. The complaint states that Doe was subjected to “bullbaiting” as a child, a practice in which members are trained not to show any visible reaction to offensive language. Doe claims she was forced to endure sexually explicit, verbal abuse from adults as part of this practice.

Hamilton said she believes this practice amounts to child abuse.

“Until this lawsuit was filed, the vast majority of the American public honestly didn’t understand the risk to children that comes from this practice of bullbaiting,” she said. “Now that it’s coming out in the light of day, it’s going to be what it appears to be, which is child abuse.”

The lawsuit does not allege that Doe was physically sexually abused, but does refer to an alleged pattern of “sexual abuse and/or assault” in the church.

As she grew older, Doe claims she was forced to work long, grueling hours for inadequate pay at various Scientology branches, at one point working directly for Miscavige. She alleges she was placed in solitary confinement for months and restricted from communicating with the outside world.

I really think that Scientology should be considered a criminal organization.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 12:39:14 PM by Desert Fox »
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline daniel1948

• Isn’t a
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
Re: Major Lawsuit against Scientology
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 11:40:51 AM »
I think you mean that it is a criminal organization (which I agree with) and that is should be recognized as such and treated as such by law enforcement agencies.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 06:34:15 PM »
I wondered online if Shelly Miscavige is dead.

There was a missing person case that was quickly closed.
It is suppose to be that it was quickly closed when a police officer did a welfare check.

I responded that only one or two officers (or higher ups) have to be involved in order to close the case.

I was called conspiratorial.

Problem is that I have an interest in wrongful convictions and I have learned that one should not take police reports at face value.
I don't see any grand conspiracy to bend an ear or two. 
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Offline Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 07:20:28 PM »
Jesus, I was looking up Ron Miscavige and found this

https://www.leahreminiaftermath.com/articles/leah-remini-encouraged-wife-beater-racist-ron-miscavige-fellow-profiteer.html#
One of the biggest shills for Ron Miscavige—admitted wife-beater, racist and anti-Semite—is actress Leah Remini who features him in her cheap reality TV show.

Remini claims she encouraged Ron to tell his false life story in which he covered up his long history of domestic violence against his late wife Loretta, even going so far as to “blame the victim” by claiming that she provoked him.

Ron downplayed his wife-beating by claiming in his literary forgery that he may have shoved his wife or hit her in the arm a few times. Ron got caught in this lie when it was exposed on national TV, where he admitted to Fox’s Megyn Kelly that he punched his first wife. When questioned how many times, Ron admitted, “over a 10-year period—would happen maybe once a month or something like that.” That’s 120 times!

Doesn't even read like a good hit piece
— Robert G. Ingersoll

personate-rain