Author Topic: Beyond Burger 2.0  (Read 10093 times)

Offline bachfiend

• Not Any Kind of Moderator
  • Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Beyond Burger 2.0
« Reply #555 on: February 12, 2020, 08:06:14 PM »
Too much demand for quarters of our home killed steers.  Some missed out tis round.  Bummer, but we were first in line... got all the good bits, liver, kidney, heart, tounge cheeks and tail... yum.
In case you've missed it the last 50 times you've been told, it's fucking obnoxious when you come into every thread about plant based diets to only brag about your meat-eating and slaughtering. And they say vegans are obnoxious...  ::)

Vegans are obnoxious.  And as some like Lierre Kieth found, dangerous.

If you want to claim that vegans are obnoxious, then start your own thread, and you can spend your time mumbling to yourself.  And if you want to revolt people by your home slaughtering of livestock, then you can also start a thread on that too.  Ditto.  And if you want to claim that 7 billion people can be fed meat as a major part of their diets, double ditto.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 01:17:57 AM by bachfiend »
Gebt ihr ihr ihr Buch zurück

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • 667 - Neighbor of the beast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 12, 2020, 11:35:08 PM »
Too much demand for quarters of our home killed steers.  Some missed out tis round.  Bummer, but we were first in line... got all the good bits, liver, kidney, heart, tounge cheeks and tail... yum.
In case you've missed it the last 50 times you've been told, it's fucking obnoxious when you come into every thread about plant based diets to only brag about your meat-eating and slaughtering. And they say vegans are obnoxious...  ::)

Vegans are obnoxious.  And as some like Lierre Kieth found, dangerous.
Huh, weird. I guess you don't do irony.
Knowledge is power. France is bacon.

Offline The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Fanatically anti-bigot
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 24, 2020, 10:24:17 AM »
Chef served beyond burgers at work a couple of weeks ago, so I tried one.  It was not bad; certainly they were better than other vegetable burgers I've had. I'm not sure that it is served best by standard condiments; I think if I have one again I'll try it with mayonnaise.
Large data of text  or Mediumtext or Longtext

Offline mindme

• Reef Tank Owner
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yrad.com/cs
« Reply #558 on: February 28, 2020, 09:07:40 AM »
Chef served beyond burgers at work a couple of weeks ago, so I tried one.  It was not bad; certainly they were better than other vegetable burgers I've had. I'm not sure that it is served best by standard condiments; I think if I have one again I'll try it with mayonnaise.

I view these things as version 1. I hope they iterate on things like "healthier". It's just too funny right now Beyond Burger has seen an alliance of both meat producers and vegans trying to kill off this food technology.
Large data of text  or Mediumtext or Longtext

Offline bachfiend

• Not Any Kind of Moderator
  • Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: March 19, 2020, 01:29:27 PM »
CarbShark has a bet running that ketogenic diets will be more popular, and Beyond Burger 2.0 will be less popular at 12 months from October 20, 2019, with the stake being that the winner can change the loser’s signature for a week.  And that the measure will be Google trends (whether that’s an adequate measure of popularity is extremely doubtful).

I’ve been following Google trends for ketogenic diets.  The current situation:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today%205-y&geo=US&q=%2Fm%2F03cg86,%2Fm%2F014j1m,%2Fm%2F023s6n

Google searches for ketogenic diets has collapsed.

To put it into perspective, adding coronavirus:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today%205-y&geo=US&q=%2Fm%2F03cg86,%2Fm%2F014j1m,%2Fm%2F023s6n,%2Fm%2F01cpyy

People, in comparison, don’t seem concerned with diet, weight loss or apples.  But I’ll take the ‘win’ if and when it happens. As I expect it will.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 07:55:47 PM by bachfiend »
Gebt ihr ihr ihr Buch zurück

Offline stands2reason

• Empiricist, Positivist, Militant Agnostic
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: March 19, 2020, 07:32:44 PM »
CarbShark has a bet running that ketogenic diets will be more popular, and Beyond Burger 2.0 will be less popular at 12 months from October 20, 2019, with the stake being that the winner can change the loser’s signature for a month.  And that the measure will be Google trends (whether that’s an adequate measure of popularity is extremely doubtful).

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today%205-y&geo=US&q=%2Fm%2F03cg86,%2Fm%2F014j1m,%2Fm%2F023s6n

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today%205-y&geo=US&q=%2Fm%2F03cg86,%2Fm%2F014j1m,%2Fm%2F023s6n,%2Fm%2F01cpyy

People, in comparison, don’t seem concerned with diet, weight loss or apples.  But I’ll take the ‘win’ if and when it happens. As I expect it will.

Is more popular based on absolute, or relative to population. Are we talking about the 2020 census population numbers? In the event of global apocalypse, the relative popularity may increase, as most people who survive will be wealthier and more likely to have a diet fetish. Come to think of it, to do otherwise would be to ignore population inflation that we (otherwise) would have expected.

Offline daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • I'd rather be paddling
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 19, 2020, 08:17:25 PM »
... In the event of global apocalypse, the relative popularity [of Keto diets] may increase, as most people who survive will be wealthier and more likely to have a diet fetish. ...

I foresee a very different scenario. In the event of a global apocalypse there will be gang wars fought over the remaining local resources and the rednecks who have all the guns will kill everyone else. They eat meat but also lots of carbs.
“You say you love your children above all else, and yet you are stealing their future in front of their very eyes.”
-- Greta Thunberg

Offline CarbShark

• "I ain't no doctor with degrees" - Think
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: March 19, 2020, 09:00:14 PM »
CarbShark has a bet running that ketogenic diets will be more popular, and Beyond Burger 2.0 will be less popular at 12 months from October 20, 2019, with the stake being that the winner can change the loser’s signature for a month.  And that the measure will be Google trends (whether that’s an adequate measure of popularity is extremely doubtful).

Is more popular based on absolute, or relative to population. Are we talking about the 2020 census population numbers? In the event of global apocalypse, the relative popularity may increase, as most people who survive will be wealthier and more likely to have a diet fetish. Come to think of it, to do otherwise would be to ignore population inflation that we (otherwise) would have expected.

The only metric we're using to measure popularity is google trends. Assuming we still have a google in October.
... and Donald Trump is president of the United States

Offline CarbShark

• "I ain't no doctor with degrees" - Think
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: March 19, 2020, 09:04:53 PM »
... In the event of global apocalypse, the relative popularity [of Keto diets] may increase, as most people who survive will be wealthier and more likely to have a diet fetish. ...

I foresee a very different scenario. In the event of a global apocalypse there will be gang wars fought over the remaining local resources and the rednecks who have all the guns will kill everyone else. They eat meat but also lots of carbs.

In a global apocalypse, there will be widespread famine and disease. Those who survive will do so eating anything that sustains life. Including carbs and fat. But once the carbs are gone and the population has collapsed, humans will be back in the stone age, but with the knowledge to restart agriculture pretty quickly, but they'll also start hunting for sustenance.

Finally, the obesity epidemic will be solved.

... and Donald Trump is president of the United States

Offline daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • I'd rather be paddling
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 19, 2020, 10:15:49 PM »

In a global apocalypse, there will be widespread famine and disease. Those who survive will do so eating anything that sustains life. Including carbs and fat. But once the carbs are gone and the population has collapsed, humans will be back in the stone age, but with the knowledge to restart agriculture pretty quickly, but they'll also start hunting for sustenance.

Finally, the obesity epidemic will be solved.

After a global collapse, some of the survivors will know how to grow food, but there will be no fuel for tractors. "Agriculture" will be more like subsistence gardening. Of course, most people have no idea how to grow food or hunt.

I agree that obesity will cease to be a problem because calories in any form will be scarce and hard to come by. I'm hoping that I die peacefully of old age before it comes to this.

One lesson from this virus is that the more people there are in the world, the greater is the threat from pandemic diseases. The sci-fi enthusiasts want us to build a system that could deflect an approaching asteroid, but it's probably a lot more likely that the thing that wipes us out is a germ. That, combined with a political system that nearly guarantees that we'll be ruled by megalomaniacal demagogs who know how to whip up public hysteria to get themselves elected, but once in office are incompetent to run a country.
“You say you love your children above all else, and yet you are stealing their future in front of their very eyes.”
-- Greta Thunberg

Offline Captain Video

• Superhero of the Silver Screen
  • Stopped Going Outside
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 20, 2020, 04:35:34 AM »
Interview with Rachel Konrad, the chief communications officer of Impossible Foods.

"We don't have time to wait for an international consensus on something as disastrous as climate change. We need to employ every single lever at our disposal. And frankly, that includes one of the most powerful levels we have, which is capitalism and consumer choice,"