Author Topic: Personal Health MD - mainstream meets functional?  (Read 534 times)

Offline Captain Video

• Superhero of the Silver Screen
  • Frequent Poster
Re: Personal Health MD - mainstream meets functional?
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2019, 07:04:30 PM »
I have it, nobody can ever tell me whats wrong. I have had a colostomy, upper and lower GIs, nothing.  Diet makes no difference.

I believe it is anxiety related or similar, at least in my case.

Have you gone script LCHF or strict FODMAP?

Does eating nothing but chicken and rice for a month count? No change.  Also not drinking milk added stress as it comforts me. Im pretty well rounded with my diet and recently I noticed my weight is on target. No particular food triggers anything but stress certainly does. I haven't had a really bad spell in over a year just minor bouts of it.

I do alter my diet if I get hit with a bad spell as some things are just easier to pass.

When it got bad I had blockage and could not pass, I get a mix of both, they sent me to the hospital from set which was what triggered the tests.

Its stress.

“Don't explain computers to laymen. Simpler to explain sex to a virgin.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

Offline bachfiend

• Not Any Kind of Moderator
  • Well Established
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2019, 07:47:04 PM »
I have it, nobody can ever tell me whats wrong. I have had a colostomy, upper and lower GIs, nothing.  Diet makes no difference.

Does eating nothing but chicken and rice for a month count? No change.  Also not drinking milk added stress as it comforts me. Im pretty well rounded with my diet and recently I noticed my weight is on target. No particular food triggers anything but stress certainly does. I haven't had a really bad spell in over a year just minor bouts of it.

I do alter my diet if I get hit with a bad spell as some things are just easier to pass.

When it got bad I had blockage and could not pass, I get a mix of both, they sent me to the hospital from set which was what triggered the tests.

Its stress.

CarbShark will undoubtedly note that rice isn’t part of a LCHF diet.  IBS is a syndrome, not a disease, with unknown causes.  It may be more than one condition, with different causes and triggers.  Have you ever thought you might have ‘abdominal migraine,’ which is another syndrome of unknown cause?  But which may be precipitated by stress.
Gebt ihr ihr ihr Buch zurück?

Offline Captain Video

• Superhero of the Silver Screen
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2019, 07:50:30 PM »

Its stress.

CarbShark will undoubtedly note that rice isn’t part of a LCHF diet.  IBS is a syndrome, not a disease, with unknown causes.  It may be more than one condition, with different causes and triggers.  Have you ever thought you might have ‘abdominal migraine,’ which is another syndrome of unknown cause?  But which may be precipitated by stress.

No, because no doctor has ever mentioned it.  I get "we don't know, probably stress related" every time so I pretty much need to accept that.
“Don't explain computers to laymen. Simpler to explain sex to a virgin.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

Offline daniel1948

• Isn’t a
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2019, 08:12:16 PM »
FWIW diets (FODMAP;LCHF) have been found effective in clinical trials (better than any other approach) but are not accepted as a mainstream treatment.

If they're not accepted as part of the mainstream approach it's probably because there are just as many studies showing them to be ineffective as showing them to be effective.

One difference between a scientist and an internet-savvy science enthusiast is that the latter can find any number of studies supporting what they want to believe, while a scientist reviews studies that also show things they'd rather not have to believe.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline CarbShark

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2019, 08:51:43 PM »
FWIW diets (FODMAP;LCHF) have been found effective in clinical trials (better than any other approach) but are not accepted as a mainstream treatment.

If they're not accepted as part of the mainstream approach it's probably because there are just as many studies showing them to be ineffective as showing them to be effective.

That’s an easy assumption to make but it’s just false in this case
One difference between a scientist and an internet-savvy science enthusiast is that the latter can find any number of studies supporting what they want to believe, while a scientist reviews studies that also show things they'd rather not have to believe.

That’s pretty much false.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Offline bachfiend

• Well Established
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2019, 10:36:02 PM »

That’s an easy assumption to make but it’s just false in this case

That’s pretty much false.

Is this the sort of ‘evidence’ you reckon exists for the efficacy of LCHF diets? 

http://www.scielo.org.za/scielo.php?script=sci_arttext&pid=S0256-95742013001100013

Or perhaps you might like to do one of your worthless block dump of links to various articles?

Offline CarbShark

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2019, 12:11:54 AM »
No and no

and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Offline bachfiend

• Well Established
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2019, 12:14:02 AM »
No and no

Well, it’s the sort of response I have come to expect from you.  You don’t have any evidence.

personate-rain