Author Topic: Is there life on mars? Who is watching the Watchman? (HBO spoiler discussion)  (Read 1786 times)

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Stopped Going Outside
  • 667 - Neighbor of the beast.
Only took 7 episodes to find out what it's really all about! Not complaining, it was a decent ramp up and seems like it might pay off.
My guess is that we get a cliff hanger on Dr Manhattan's fate, and Voight escapes his prison to return to Earth and that will kick off season 2's drama.
Up to this point I was kind of hoping we'd get a neat little package in Season 1 and then move on to other stories and characters in subsequent seasons, but everything has been doled out enough that they're not wrapping up much at the end of 1. IMO
Will definitely be watching next week!
Knowledge is power. France is bacon.

Online Tassie Dave

• Frequent Poster
  • Go Tiges
I think it's safe to assume Veidt is Lady Trieu's father. When Angela asks Trieu if her dad is there, she says "He will be"

So now we know Viedt wasn't signalling Dr.M, it had to be Trieu. The "Save Me D" message could have been D for daughter.
They are both mega-rich, inventors, with megalomaniacal plans to save the world.

I wonder how long Jeremy Irons had to practice that eloquent and impassioned closing argument for the defense  ;)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 03:41:45 PM by Tassie Dave »

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Stopped Going Outside
I wonder how long Jeremy Irons had to practice that eloquent and passioned closing argument for the defense  ;)
Hahahaha I was like "I bet the foley guys were having a blast with this one."

Online Eternally Learning

• Master Mr. a.k.a. Methodical Loaf
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Break a leg, badger!
    • Get Past The 140 Character Limit!
If this show doesn't win all the awards for directing and editing, there is no justice.

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Stopped Going Outside
If this show doesn't win all the awards for directing and editing, there is no justice.
They're totally crushing it on so many levels. It has been a slow burn, which feels weird for a superhero world, but I totally appreciate it. Everything has been paying off really well.

Online Tassie Dave

• Frequent Poster
  • Go Tiges
It's hard to see how they are going to bring it all together in one episode. Unless a lot carries over to season 2.

A few things are obvious from what Dr Manhattan said. He's going to transfer his powers, so the Seventh Kavalry don't get it, and that person walking on water will show Angela that they have it.

Will Reeves seems the obvious choice because of the meeting. Which also could mean that Madame Trieu, her daughter and Veidt could be part of Dr Manhattan's plan. That clock has to be for something.

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Stopped Going Outside
It's hard to see how they are going to bring it all together in one episode. Unless a lot carries over to season 2.

A few things are obvious from what Dr Manhattan said. He's going to transfer his powers, so the Seventh Kavalry don't get it, and that person walking on water will show Angela that they have it.

Will Reeves seems the obvious choice because of the meeting. Which also could mean that Madame Trieu, her daughter and Veidt could be part of Dr Manhattan's plan. That clock has to be for something.
I'm betting the power is supposed to be for Lady Trieu but her daughter ends up with it. I doubt they'll tell us in season 1 though.

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Global Moderator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
Welp.
That was an odd one. Dont quite know what to make of the after credits scene.

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
AFAIK, there are no plans for a season 2.

Now I also have no doubt that HBO is squeezing Lindeloffs tit so hard right now to get him to do a second season.
Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed to be
-Uptown, Prince 👉

The world is on its elbows and knees
It's forgotten the message and worships the creeds

Online Tassie Dave

• Frequent Poster
  • Go Tiges
AFAIK, there are no plans for a season 2.

Now I also have no doubt that HBO is squeezing Lindeloffs tit so hard right now to get him to do a second season.

I didn't know that. If they are going to tie up all loose ends next week, I hope we get an extended length episode.

Knowing Lindeloff we won't get all the answers. Like, What's the story with Lube Man? We get a 30 second scene, then nothing. I still think it's Agent Petey

Offline Jeremy's Sea

• Kintsukuroi, baby.
  • Stopped Going Outside
Yeah, they have a metric shit ton to pay off in one episode. I don't think it's beyond them though to pull every thread without a plan, that would be cromulent with Lindeoff's style.
Also, what they say to the press and what they actually plan are often two different things. I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised though!

Online Eternally Learning

• Master Mr. a.k.a. Methodical Loaf
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Break a leg, badger!
    • Get Past The 140 Character Limit!
I'm not sure there's quite as much to cram into this as you are thinking; most of the little mysteries throughout the show have been explained already.  What we don't know is Lady Trieu's plan, what happened to Looking Glass (I could see that being left unexplained), how Ozymandias gets back to Earth, and who that lube guy was.  In terms of narrative, all the main plots are set to collide with each other except Ozymandias as we have no idea how he fits into any of it.  I think it's worth noting that last episode nicely let us know how Ozymandias' timeline fit into the rest of the world, and while we have zero clue what the horseshoe is all about and how it will grant him escape, we know that he was given it 3 years prior to the current events.  It's quite possible that he's been manipulating this whole thing considering that the police massacre ALSO happened 3 years ago.  At any rate, I'm not sure what is going to happen, but I feel fairly good about resolving it all in an episode as long as the last one was though I'd love a longer one too.

personate-rain