Author Topic: What's going on at the Atheist Experience?  (Read 1305 times)

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
Re: What's going on at the Atheist Experience?
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2019, 01:03:13 PM »
There really is a better solution: Athletics should not be competitive! It should be a fun way to get exercise in an atmosphere where people work together, not just within your own team, but among teams. As long as there's competition there will be unfair advantages due to birth, environment, access to resources, and cheating. And as long as athletics are based on competition, the people at the bottom of the athletic-ability ladder, who need exercise the most, will be discouraged from getting any at all. Eliminate competition and it won't matter if somebody has a penis or not.

I hear you and all, but good fucking luck unringing that multi-billion dollar bell.
Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed to be
-Uptown, Prince 👉

The world is on its elbows and knees
It's forgotten the message and worships the creeds

Online jt512

• Frequent Poster
    • jt512
What's going on at the Atheist Experience?
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2019, 03:52:48 PM »
As I've said in other threads on the topic of transgender athletics, it is a complex issue to which I know of no satisfactory answer.

The answer is simple and obvious.  Everybody competes according to the sex to which they were born.

What about people who were born women, but have a penis?

Genitalia is not the issue. But my comment above was wrong. Rather, all trans people should be required to compete as males. Reason: Testosterone.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Ok, that's the stupidest thing I've read yet in this thread.

On the contrary. It‘s the only solution that is fair to the overwhelming majority of female athletes.

Ich verstehe nur Bahnhof.

Offline xenu

• Stopped Going Outside
  • Chicago Blackhawks 2010,13,15 Stanley Cup Champion
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2019, 06:28:03 PM »
I just want an arena that women can compete at. If there is no difference in a sport or catagory that men or women do not have an advantage because of sex then they should compete togeather. Sports like Hockey,football (American and European )baseball,basketball,  rugby etc they should have different leagues. Men have an advantage in strength that women do not have at the elite level. Below elite level then some women can compete against men. I play against women in no check hockey and they do ok. Women's olympic hockey would mop the floor with me. I wouldn't stand a chance.

I just want women to play sports and if they have to compete against only men then they might never start up. That would be a loss for everyone.

On a side note without women's USA soccer and hockey those are the only way the USA can compete with the world.  ;)
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
Douglas Adams

Offline CarbShark

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2019, 07:16:04 PM »
I think it should be up to the women competing in the sports.

If they collectively decide it’s ok then fine.

If they say no because they think it introduces a distinct class of competitor with an unfair physical advantage I’d be fine with that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and Donald Trump is President of the United States.

I'm not a doctor, I'm just someone who has done a ton of research into diet and nutrition.

Offline Belgarath

• Forum Sugar Daddy
  • Technical Administrator
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2019, 07:23:43 PM »
I think it should be up to the women competing in the sports.

If they collectively decide it’s ok then fine.

If they say no because they think it introduces a distinct class of competitor with an unfair physical advantage I’d be fine with that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, because that worked so well for the black athletes early in the last century.....
#non-belief denialist

Offline arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2019, 08:36:11 PM »
Okay, since we're contemplating unrealistic scenarios, here's mine. Eliminate gender segregation in sports. Let any gender compete in any event. In some events, "male" bodies will come to predominate. In others, "female" bodies will. But let them all compete against each other equally.
Self-described nerd. Pronouns: He/Him.

Tarvek: There's more to being an evil despot than getting cake whenever you want it.
Agatha: If that's what you think, then you're DOING IT WRONG!

Offline Belgarath

• Forum Sugar Daddy
  • Technical Administrator
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2019, 09:22:46 AM »
Okay, since we're contemplating unrealistic scenarios, here's mine. Eliminate gender segregation in sports. Let any gender compete in any event. In some events, "male" bodies will come to predominate. In others, "female" bodies will. But let them all compete against each other equally.

I mean that can work.  I would think some need to divide up by weight class though.  Others wouldn't matter. 
#non-belief denialist

Offline RubyDuckman

• Doesn't Panic
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2019, 10:07:50 AM »
As I've said in other threads on the topic of transgender athletics, it is a complex issue to which I know of no satisfactory answer.

The answer is simple and obvious.  Everybody competes according to the sex to which they were born.

What about people who were born women, but have a penis?

Genitalia is not the issue. But my comment above was wrong. Rather, all trans people should be required to compete as males. Reason: Testosterone.

If only there were regulations put into place which required transgender athletes to maintain a limit on circulating testosterone.

See the current IOC policy

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

personate-rain
personate-rain