Author Topic: 130 football fields of cheese  (Read 870 times)

Offline wastrel

• Great poster... or greatest poster?
  • Technical Administrator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • Science: A cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on
Re: 130 football fields of cheese
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2019, 08:57:05 PM »
Every time I see see this thread title I think "$240 worth of pudding"

Offline stands2reason

• Empiricist, Positivist, Militant Agnostic
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2019, 08:59:39 AM »
You may mock the cheese caves now, but they may save humanity in a post-apocalyptic scenario.

;D

And that's supposed to be a good thing?  ???

I pity any post-apocalyptic tribe that would actually have to survive on our giant cheese cache. And how long could they, anyways. I mean, at some point they would just feed the cheese to rats and eat the rats instead.

Offline gebobs

• Seasoned Contributor
  • Me like hockey!
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2019, 09:54:50 AM »
Apparently the Trump tariffs are exacerbating the situation.

People make fun of him for wanting to buy Greenland. Personally, I don't think he's had a better idea. Everything else has been a clusterfark.
The reason anyone would want to buy Greenland is for the spectacular opportunity to dig for oil and other carbon-based fuels (both under the ice and in the north seas), which is the exact opposite of what we need to do right now. No, it is not his best idea. Leave that shit in the ground.

I like the idea (tongue-firmly-in-cheek). I don't like the motivation. At all.

Offline daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2019, 10:04:13 AM »
Instead of buying Greenland, how about we sell the United States to Greenland? For one dollar. It would have to be an improvement. Or we could sell the U.S. to Canada. That would be a tremendous improvement. Even selling the U.S. to Mexico would be an improvement over the way the country is run today.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline Shibboleth

• Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2019, 01:57:57 PM »
I can only assume that the subject change is because Greenland is made out of cheese.
common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Offline daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2019, 04:22:34 PM »
I can only assume that the subject change is because Greenland is made out of cheese.

I just figured there wasn't much more to say about 130 football fields of cheese so we might as well let the thread drift. But if Greenland is made out of cheese, buying it wouldn't make any sense at all. We already have too much cheese. A Greenland-size cheese wouldn't do us any good.
Daniel
----------------
"Anyone who has ever looked into the glazed eyes of a soldier dying on the battlefield will think long and hard before starting a war."
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline arthwollipot

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Observer of Phenomena
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2019, 07:52:34 PM »
Instead of buying Greenland, how about we sell the United States to Greenland? For one dollar. It would have to be an improvement. Or we could sell the U.S. to Canada. That would be a tremendous improvement. Even selling the U.S. to Mexico would be an improvement over the way the country is run today.

But... but... sovereignty!
Self-described nerd. Pronouns: He/Him.

Offline daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • I'd rather be paddling
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2019, 08:50:15 PM »

But... but... sovereignty!

We'd still be in a sovereign country. We'd just be in one without a fucking rapist pustule of a baboon as its chief executive or the monstrously idiotic Electoral College which steals our elections with devastating regularity.
Daniel
----------------
-- Otto von Bismarck

Offline gebobs

• Seasoned Contributor
  • Me like hockey!
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2019, 09:49:43 AM »
We'd still be in a sovereign country. We'd just be in one without a fucking rapist pustule of a baboon as its chief executive or the monstrously idiotic Electoral College which steals our elections with devastating regularity.

The electoral college is an anachronism. So is the 2nd amendment and the Constitution as far as amendments are are passed. In 230 years, there have been just 17 passed and one is the repeal of another so really 15 in effect.

personate-rain