Author Topic: Notable passings and other milestones  (Read 26358 times)

Offline Captain Video

• Superhero of the Silver Screen
  • Frequent Poster
Re: Notable passings and other milestones
« Reply #330 on: September 23, 2019, 04:17:33 PM »
Geez I had no idea his Filmography is so long.

I have a strong remembrance of him from when I was a kid watching Buck Rogers from the 2 part episode Flight of the War Witch where he played Queen Zarinas heavy (Zarina played by Catwoman Julie Newmar)

you can watch it free here https://www.nbc.com/buck-rogers-in-the-25th-century/video/flight-of-the-war-witch-part-1/3979554

I sure miss those 70s science fiction outfits

I was also a fan of Jason of Star Command, Sid as Dragos scared the crap out of me as a kid.

Online The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #331 on: September 26, 2019, 07:06:27 AM »
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Offline John Albert

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #332 on: October 06, 2019, 07:27:09 AM »
Noted asshole and incredible rock drummer Ginger Baker

Offline Ron Obvious

• Keeps Priorities Straight
« Reply #333 on: October 13, 2019, 05:26:34 PM »
Acclaimed stage actor and voice of Marvin in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Stephen Moore (81)

It is perhaps ironic that the vastly experienced, smooth as silk, inherently funny stage actor Stephen Moore, who has died aged 81, should be remembered mostly for voicing a robot, the paranoid android Marvin in the original radio series of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. Douglas Adams’s hilarious science-fiction adventure began in 1978 and Moore stayed with it through four more series, the television show (still just the voice), the records and the audio books.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 05:43:23 PM by Ron Obvious »

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • What seals? I auditioned for this job.
« Reply #334 on: November 06, 2019, 03:35:15 PM »
John Whitherspoon.  You may not know the name, but I bet you know the voice.  His deliver was distinctive, and part of what made him so damn hillarious.
Now where I come from
We don't let society tell us how it's supposed to be
-Uptown, Prince 👉

The world is on its elbows and knees
It's forgotten the message and worships the creeds

Online The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #335 on: November 06, 2019, 07:12:08 PM »
John Whitherspoon.  You may not know the name, but I bet you know the voice.  His deliver was distinctive, and part of what made him so damn hillarious.

Nope. Not even a little. I checked IMDB, and I’m not sure I’ve seen anything he was ever in.
I would like to propose...that...it is undesirable to believe in a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true. — Bertrand Russell

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
« Reply #336 on: November 07, 2019, 12:40:59 AM »

Nope. Not even a little. I checked IMDB, and I’m not sure I’ve seen anything he was ever in.

He was on David Letterman all the time back when he was on CBS.  That's where I got to know him.  Do yourself a favor and watch Friday.
Now where I come from
-Uptown, Prince 👉

Online The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #337 on: November 07, 2019, 03:38:55 PM »

He was on David Letterman all the time back when he was on CBS.  That's where I got to know him.  Do yourself a favor and watch Friday.

Never regularly watched Letterman, either.  I'll look into it, but the 'stoner comedy' genre is not one I generally enjoy.

Offline Captain Video

• Superhero of the Silver Screen
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #338 on: November 07, 2019, 03:51:20 PM »

Never regularly watched Letterman, either.  I'll look into it, but the 'stoner comedy' genre is not one I generally enjoy.

Friday goes a bit beyond "stoner comedy"  "Hood comedy"  mite be more appropriate but just about anyone can appreciate it, its much better than you would think even if you would not typically watch a film like that.

Everytime I come in the kitchen, you in the kitchen. In the goddamn refrigerator. Eatin' up all the food. ... I wanna eat some of them chitlins, I love pig feet!

On his dog catcher job:
That's the beauty of it! I grab a dog, and I choke him, and I kick the shit out of him! All day long, my foot up a dog's ass! Just bang-bang-bang up his ass! That's my pleasure.

spoken while on the toilet:
son, I smelled your shit for 22 years, now you can't smell mine for five minutes

He will be missed.

Online The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Reef Tank Owner
« Reply #339 on: November 07, 2019, 04:19:18 PM »
Yeah, you're not making me want to watch it more. :-/

Offline PANTS!

• One leg at a time.
« Reply #340 on: November 07, 2019, 07:27:51 PM »
Yeah, you're not making me want to watch it more. :-/

I know it's hard to believe, but he sells that shit lice it was water in the sahara.  His acting is fearless too.  Like that dog line or his stuff in Black Jesus.  It makes his character look like an asshole, but you feel him, and where he is coming from.
Now where I come from
-Uptown, Prince 👉

personate-rain