Author Topic: The Terror (AMC Series)  (Read 63 times)

Offline Eternally Learning

• Master Mr. a.k.a. Methodical Loaf
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Break a leg, badger!
    • Get Past The 140 Character Limit!
The Terror (AMC Series)
« on: August 21, 2019, 02:18:44 AM »

I first heard about this show earlier this year and binged the first season pretty quickly.  I really enjoyed it, and from what I've read, it was as historically accurate as a show could be (supernatural elements aside) about a 200 year old mystery we've never fully solved.  Honestly, my only real complaint was that the story was interesting enough and didn't need any kind of horror elements added to it to grab the viewer, but I don't really think it detracted much either.  Well, now they've started releasing the second season which is set during WWII and revolves around the Japanese internment camps with horror elements added as well.  At first, I was a bit unsure of what to think about adding a supernatural monster to the very serious setting they've chosen but when I found out that George Takei, a man who live through the camps and remembers them well, joined the cast and actually consulted on his experiences, I felt a lot better about it.  I know there's know way he would have signed on to a project that trivialized what happened to the Japanese Americans at that time.

So far, two episodes in, I have yet to change my mind.  I'm not sure where the story is going as the camps, while central to the story, are more of a back-drop than the driving force behind the protagonist, but I've enjoyed it very much so far.

personate-rain