Author Topic: Hurricane Season 2019  (Read 1228 times)

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
Re: Hurricane Dorian
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2019, 06:18:51 AM »
"I never even knew a Category 5 existed...People have never seen anything like that."
-- Trump, 2017

"Never heard about Category 5's before, a Category 5 is big stuff...A category 5 is something that, uh -- I don't know that I've even heard the term, other than I know it's there. That's the ultimate, and that's what we have, unfortunately."
-- Trump on Hurricane Dorian, apparently not remembering Irma, Maria, and Michael, which also occurred during his presidency
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2019, 06:19:23 AM »

Offline Rai

• PIZZASAURUS
  • Global Moderator
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2019, 06:35:07 AM »
"I never even knew a Category 5 existed...People have never seen anything like that."
-- Trump, 2017

"Never heard about Category 5's before, a Category 5 is big stuff...A category 5 is something that, uh -- I don't know that I've even heard the term, other than I know it's there. That's the ultimate, and that's what we have, unfortunately."
-- Trump on Hurricane Dorian, apparently not remembering Irma, Maria, and Michael, which also occurred during his presidency

To be fair, he could have gone "Under my presidency, we have the strongest hurricanes and the highest wind speeds so far. In fact, Obama didn't have one Category 5 hurricane. A lot of hurricanes say that they love me. I am very popular."

Offline moj

• beer snob
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2019, 09:28:23 AM »
Its absolutely nuts how long it stood over the Bahamas. Glad to see the coast guard is going in and I will contribute to Jose Andres world Kitchen fund.

https://wck.org/

« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 09:32:16 AM by moj »

Offline gebobs

• Seasoned Contributor
  • Me like hockey!
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2019, 10:03:09 AM »

To be fair, he could have gone "Under my presidency, we have the strongest hurricanes and the highest wind speeds so far. In fact, Obama didn't have one Category 5 hurricane. A lot of hurricanes say that they love me. I am very popular."

Negative. There have been three Cat 5 hurricanes since 2017 including one, Michael, that made landfall in Florida as a Cat 5.

The Principle of Charity is noble but, like spacetime inside a black hole, is ultimately meaningless with Trumpspeak.

Offline Soldier of FORTRAN

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Cache rules everything around me.
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2019, 12:40:57 PM »
If global warming is real then how come I just felt this chill down my spine?

Offline Desert Fox

• Hopeful Non-Theist
    • Kitsune's Web Page
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2019, 03:49:18 PM »
Shit, I wonder what happened with Pedophile Island
Concerned that a lot of evidence involving others may be washed to sea.
"Give me the storm and tempest of thought and action, rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will; but first let me eat of the fruit of the tree of knowledge."
— Robert G. Ingersoll

Online Calinthalus

• Too Much Spare Time
    • My Page
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2019, 04:15:33 PM »
Or, just hear me out, did they know that people were closing in and engineered this storm specifically to wipe out all the evidence?
"I think computer viruses should count as life. Maybe it says something about human nature, that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. Talk about creating life in our own image."
--Stephen Hawking

Offline moj

• beer snob
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2019, 12:20:48 PM »
I was in Wilmington NC this past weekend visiting family and really hope that area doesn't get hit to hard. Florence hit them bad though mostly recovered now. Due to being in a drought now heard that should help reduce the likelihood of as much flood damage happening again but we shall see. I'd love for it to change course and come to DC with reduced winds but heavy rain, my lawn could use it :D

Offline John Albert

• Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2019, 06:39:16 PM »
Shit, I wonder what happened with Pedophile Island
Concerned that a lot of evidence involving others may be washed to sea.
Or, just hear me out, did they know that people were closing in and engineered this storm specifically to wipe out all the evidence?

https://www.globalresearch.ca/haarp-secret-weapon-used-for-weather-modification-electromagnetic-warfare/20407
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 08:44:22 AM by John Albert »

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2019, 07:33:46 PM »
DEAR GOD!!!! WE KNOW YOU CREATED DORIAN, AND YOU PLAN IS GREATER THAN ANYTHING WE CAN KNOW, BUT CAN YOU JUST GET THAT FUCKER TO HIT CANADA INSTEAD OF NORTH CAROLINA? OR SOME OTHER FOREIGN COUNTRY, LIKE NEW YORK.

Offline RubyDuckman

• Doesn't Panic
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2019, 03:07:52 PM »
Tots and pears go out to any Alabamans caught in the path of the Sharpie.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Offline Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2019, 05:12:29 PM »
Tots and pears go out to any Alabamans caught in the path of the Sharpie.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

Offline Soldier of FORTRAN

• Reef Tank Owner
  • Cache rules everything around me.
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2019, 11:56:04 PM »
Man, the Bahamas is in a bad way.  Snippets on social media from news reports and local users basically average out to:
  • The stench of unburied dead
  • Looters & Gangs
  • Looters & Gangs from nearby islands
  • Government's trying to downplay the horror
Abaco sounds worst.

Last awful thing I saw:
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1170849997765652480

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1170857537454911488
If global warming is real then how come I just felt this chill down my spine?

personate-rain
personate-rain