Author Topic: The 2020 Psychic Predictions Thread  (Read 781 times)

Offline The Latinist

• Cyber Greasemonkey
  • Technical Administrator
  • Reef Tank Owner
  • Fanatically anti-bigot
    • View Profile
Re: The 2020 Psychic Predictions Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2020, 04:40:45 PM »
The James Webb Space Telescope will discover an earth-like atmosphere on an exoplanet with a significant amount of water.

That would be rather miraculous, since JWST won’t launch until March 2021 at the earliest and will take
Large data of text  or Mediumtext or Longtext

Offline Tassie Dave

• Frequent Poster
  • Go Tiges
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2020, 12:31:48 AM »
The Rogues made their 2020 Psychic predictions in the latest show. Here they are, so we can see how they do against us and see who is more psycho  ;)

Jay  :jay:
  • The US government will begin a 'Fake News' tax on social media sites.
  • Mark Zuckerberg will be called in front of Congress again, and it will be revealed that he was actually lip-synching the whole time.
  • Donald Trump will come out with a new slogan for his 2020 re-election bid. It will be called "Make America Eight Again"
  • China's growth will get so profound, that Chinese companies will start to outsource factory work to the US.

Bob  :bob:
  • We will confirm that Dark Energy does not exist.
  • There will be a major 'Deep Fake' political scandal.
  • We will find solid indirect evidence of extra-terrestrial technology in space.

Evan  :evan:
  • An earthquake will occur during the Olympic Games in Japan. There will be limited loss of life, but damage will have an impact on the venues. Cancelling some events.
  • Cyber-crime of the century as Visa, Mastercard and/or American Express will get hacked, compromising data for 1 Billion or more users worldwide.
  • 3 major Heads of State will resign in 2020.

Cara  :cara:
  • The Pound will spike, then plummet after Brexit.
  • A gene drive will successfully be implemented in the wild.
  • More species will go extinct than in any previous recorded year.

Steve  :steve:
  • 2020 will be the hottest year on record.
  • Sometime in 2020, I (Steve) will be accused of being a shill, simply for expressing the consensus of scientific opinion.
  • A breakthrough VR game will be released that will significantly affect demand for the technology.

Offline daniel1948

• Happy Man in a Boat
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
  • I'd rather be paddling
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2020, 09:53:08 AM »
Steve is just stating the obvious. Jay (who generally annoys me with his wild flights of fantasy disguised as science) is a man after my own heart with regard to the psychic predictions game.

Thanks for posting that. I have not gotten around to listening to the episode yet. I'll probably listen while I fix and eat lunch today after paddling. The plan is for 4 hours down at Makena. If the weather permits. It's raining here in North Kihei and I don't much enjoy paddling in the rain. My psychic powers do not extend to predicting the rain .
“You say you love your children above all else, and yet you are stealing their future in front of their very eyes.”
-- Greta Thunberg

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Stopped Going Outside
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2020, 12:14:33 PM »
Regarding Trump's slogans, he already has four:

"Keep America Great!"

"Promises made, promises kept"

"Jobs! Jobs! Jobs!"

"Keep America Working"

Strange that nobody of the rogues wanted to predict either who would win the presidential election or the Democratic primary election.
Large data of text  or Mediumtext or Longtext

Offline Tassie Dave

• Frequent Poster
  • Go Tiges
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2020, 03:48:45 PM »
Steve is just stating the obvious.

That is Steve's shtick each year. He goes for a couple of high probability, almost certain predictions and 1 that is less certain, but could easily happen. I think it's his way of showing contempt for the psychic profession.

As we haven't got a thread for the latest show and this seems an appropriate place to discuss the Psychic review:
I do feel one of the predictions was dismissed too quickly.
(Disclaimer: I do agree that all psychics are fake and that any hits they get are due to random chance or making high probability predictions)

While Evan was reviewing the Asparamancer, one of the predictions was:
"England's cricketers and rugby team will enjoy success"

Evan dismissed this as being totally generic and didn't mean anything.

I totally disagree and think this shows the Rogues ignorance of non-American sports.
2019 was the perfect year to judge success, as both sports had their World Cups last year.

How did England go:
England won the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup. Their first ever trophy in 12 attempts.

England was Runner-Up in the 2019 Rugby World Cup. They knocked out the red hot favourites New Zealand along the way.

I'd call that success in both sports and a hit for the Asparamancer.
It has to be said that England was among the top 2 or 3 favourites for both events and the Asparamancer was showing a bit of bias towards her own country.  ;)

Offline bimble

• Seasoned Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2020, 04:03:00 PM »
We did lose the Ashes though, and I winced when Evan (I think) went in one of the other topics "from Wales, England"  >:(

And I was pleased my other team won the rugby world cup (anyone playing England)  ;D

Offline Boßel

• Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
  • Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2020, 04:16:26 PM »
Steve will have a health scare and will take a break from podcasting for a month or two. The rogues will alternate between hosting. George Hrab will host one.

Offline Tassie Dave

• Frequent Poster
  • Go Tiges
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2020, 04:17:19 PM »
We did lose the Ashes though, and I winced when Evan (I think) went in one of the other topics "from Wales, England"  >:(

And I was pleased my other team won the rugby world cup (anyone playing England)  ;D

England didn't "lose" the Ashes. You have to hold the Ashes before you can lose them  ;)
The mighty Australians held the Ashes going into the Test series last year. As the series was Drawn (2-2), England failed to win them back  8)

For me the Rugby World Cup was a lose/lose situation. Australia was eliminated by England, and my least liked side, South Africa won the title.  :(

Offline Tassie Dave

• Frequent Poster
  • Go Tiges
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2020, 04:11:54 PM »
Australia will win both the Men's and Women's 2020 T20 World Cup finals

one down, one to go  8)

It was special that the girls won on International Women's Day in front of a record aussie crowd for a women's sporting event (86,174) Just 4,000 short of the world record.