Author Topic: 2007 year end wrap up  (Read 9222 times)

Offline thefellswooper

• One of the wittiest statisticians on the forum.
  • Frequent Poster
  • Statist
2007 year end wrap up
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2007, 04:16:40 PM »
I think there should be a wrap up of puzzle wins for Ole here!  It would show the rogues getting progressively less congratulatory and more surly....
"What I tell you three times is true."
-Lewis Carroll, The Hunting of the Snark

Offline nfpendleton

• Keeps Priorities Straight
2007 year end wrap up
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007, 07:43:10 PM »
I can't remember the context or episode, but when Rebecca told Bob they'd "take away his nerb badge," I did one of those classic spit takes with my Cherry Coke Zero.
quot;The determination of virus origin is uncertain. It may be that viruses (as we classify them today) have multiple origins. Some may be degenerate parts from cells after the Curse; still others may have their origin during the days of creation."
--Allan L.Gillen, "Microbes and the Days of Creati

Offline Skepkid

• Not Enough Spare Time
    • http://www.skepkid.blogspot.com
2007 year end wrap up
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 09:41:42 PM »
Quote from: "nfpendleton"
I can't remember the context or episode, but when Rebecca told Bob they'd "take away his nerb badge," I did one of those classic spit takes with my Cherry Coke Zero.

episode #121 about 1:25 min. It was when Steve told Bob to watch Judgment Day online, Bob complained ahout the small monitor and Steve told him to just hook up his computer to the TV.
quot;The amount of time that she will live longer than us because of the diet is directly proportional to the horror of her existence"-Perry DeAngelis a skeptical philosopher of some note.

Visit my blog on skeptisim: www.skepkid.blogspot.com

Offline mickal777

• Beleth Gave Me 100 Gold
  • Stopped Going Outside
    • Trip to Japan
2007 year end wrap up
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2007, 12:47:38 AM »
+1 mace of reason

Offline nfpendleton

2007 year end wrap up
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2007, 05:48:51 PM »
Quote from: "Skepkid"
Quote from: "nfpendleton"

episode #121 about 1:25 min. It was when Steve told Bob to watch Judgment Day online, Bob complained ahout the small monitor and Steve told him to just hook up his computer to the TV.

Thanks a lot.  I just spit my Coke again.
quot;The determination of virus origin is uncertain. It may be that viruses (as we classify them today) have multiple origins. Some may be degenerate parts from cells after the Curse; still others may have their origin during the days of creation."
--Allan L.Gillen, "Microbes and the Days of Creati

Offline Skepkid

• Not Enough Spare Time
    • http://www.skepkid.blogspot.com
2007 year end wrap up
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2007, 09:06:55 PM »
Episode 89, during the third e-mail, Rebecca gets mad about the guys making up words and it just dissolves from there.
quot;The amount of time that she will live longer than us because of the diet is directly proportional to the horror of her existence"-Perry DeAngelis a skeptical philosopher of some note.

Visit my blog on skeptisim: www.skepkid.blogspot.com

Offline Hayden Jones

• Off to a Start
2007 year end wrap up
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2007, 08:27:46 AM »
Favourite Guest: Bill Nye

Funniest Moment: Episode 89 with the making up of the words.
  Evan: It's a perfectly cromulent word (Simpson's quote)

Best Zing: Perry to Bob "You do the science we'll do the jokes"
followed closely by Rebecca saying that Bob should take the next logical step and put the turducken in a pig... oh, I guess you are.

Offline wertys

• Not Enough Spare Time
2007 year end wrap up
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2007, 05:27:04 PM »
Funniest segments were the utility belt discussion and the martial arts super power discussions.

i still think the funniest comment was Perry vowing to move to Iran and raise birds if there is an ether.
quot;There is nothing as infinite as man's capacity for self-delusion" George Bernard Shaw

"Cynic: A blackguard whose faulty vision enables him to see things as they are"  Ambrose Bierce

Offline PiperTim

• Off to a Start
2007 year end wrap up
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2007, 09:17:10 AM »
Funniest moment: In Episode 89, when discussing the Peloop, Steven says, "It does say if it doesn't work you may want to add a little lubrication and then take it off and put it back on multiple times."

That had me laughing so hard I started crying. I listened to that episode again recently with my wife (the first time she had listened to an episode) and had forgotten about that segment. When Steven said that line, my wife and I were rolling. Possibly the funniest line ever in the podcast.

Offline Kwisatz Haderach

• Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
2007 year end wrap up
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2007, 09:41:58 AM »
Should we in some way recognize that IRONMAN left the message boards this year?

Offline mickal777

• Beleth Gave Me 100 Gold
  • Stopped Going Outside
    • Trip to Japan
2007 year end wrap up
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2007, 10:02:17 AM »
Quote from: "Febo"

Why?

Lot of people left, redhotrebel actually went and deleted all her posts. :shock:

Archaic

2007 year end wrap up
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2007, 10:47:27 AM »
Quote from: "mickal555"
Quote from: "Febo"

Why?

Lot of people left, redhotrebel actually went and deleted all her posts. :shock:

Haha I didn't know she did that. Internet drama.

Offline Nemo

2007 year end wrap up
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2007, 02:01:05 PM »
I second:
Quote from: "mickal555"
+1 mace of reason

along with Rebecca's response. It had me laughing and shaking my head at the same time. Yeah, it hit a little too close to home there...
I'll try to be nicer, if you try to be smarter. Until then: XENU SAY RELAX!

Offline sheila

• Not Enough Spare Time
2007 year end wrap up
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2007, 03:55:59 PM »
Funniest segments:  The discussion about the martial arts challenge and the guy who chopped his own arm and then the update the following week.  Both had me laughing out loud on the expressway hoping I wouldn't cause an accident.

Best guests:  Bill Nye and Greydon Square

Most unacceptable incident: Bob missing 3 (or was is 4?) podcasts in a row.  Forgivable, but let's not let it happen again, mister!

Overall an EXCELLENT year.  And I realized that I am an SGU junkie.  I used to save it until Wednesday and/or Friday on the days I have to drive quite a bit for work.  Then it got to be Tuesdays, then Mondays.  Now I don't make it past Saturday.  Damn you Rogues!

From a really big fan since episode #1...Sheila
Hoping to god on high is like clinging to straws while drowning - Dave Matthews
I heard they found a shark and it was full of thermite  - Rebecca Watson

Offline heliocentricra

• Frequent Poster
2007 year end wrap up
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2007, 05:01:09 PM »
I think you should interview the Norwegian asshole who keeps winning those puzzles.