Author Topic: Vegas - TAM5  (Read 16682 times)

Offline Mike

• Frequent Poster
    • SGUFans.net
Vegas - TAM5
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2006, 11:32:59 AM »
Well let's set something up. :)  I'm definitely interested in volunteering in any way I can.

TAM is awesome, but it only comes around once a year.  (perhaps twice if you have the money to go on a cruise).
"We're just so damn exciting." - Dr. Steven Novella, MD

Offline Dirty J. Martini

• Well Established
  • I'm Pro-Accordian and I Vote!
Vegas - TAM5
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2006, 03:23:39 PM »
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this year, as it is also very busy for me. (Plus, it's at the Riviera. Yuck! My least favorite place to stay in Vegas, so far.) But I hope everyone has a great time! I was just there this past week and managed to get out and do a few non-Vegas things in addition to all the usual Vegas stuff. If you're looking for something to do there before or after the conference, the tour of Hoover Dam is a lot of fun (1/2 hour drive from the stip), and if you want a whole-day trip (6AM to 8PM) there are tours of Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon in Utah. Very pretty!

Offline The Lazy Skeptic

• Not Enough Spare Time
Vegas - TAM5
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2006, 03:56:27 PM »
Quote from: "Jay"
In the summer we have a pool available.

My friends are in too. ;)

But more seriously, I'd love to meet some of the skeptics that live around New England. Maybe I'll pull something together myself in the mean time?

Offline Noah R. Miller

• Frequent Poster
    • http://NRMILLER.COM
Vegas - TAM5
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2006, 08:52:49 PM »
Quote from: "JD"
I'd like everyone to know it would do no harm to my ego or pride if someone were to purchase me travel and accomadations for this.  Just sayin.

I got an extra room in my apartment. Not that I got a ticket yet.
quot;There's only one thing that you can do to get away with the most extrodinary offenses, to morality and truth, just get yourself called reverend."
-Christopher Hitchens

Offline Noah R. Miller

• Frequent Poster
Vegas - TAM5
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2006, 08:55:32 PM »
Quote from: "noblecaboose"
Quote from: "cosmicvagabond"
Quote from: "noblecaboose"
I'm going!  It's my first TAM and I still don't have a room.  Should be an adventure! :D

Hey Noah.... here's a money-making opportunity for you.

Hey, I'm not above sleeping on a couch if it comes down to it.  Provided said couch is longer than 5 feet.

Oh, who am I kidding?  I can sleep in a teacup if I have to.

This'll teach me to repond to prior to reading all the posts. But yes I can offer an open invitation to anyone who needs it to crash at my place if thy are so strapped. Though as of now I don't have a ticket... I have the money but I'm balanceing some finanaces to see if I can spend the money.
quot;There's only one thing that you can do to get away with the most extrodinary offenses, to morality and truth, just get yourself called reverend."
-Christopher Hitchens

Offline Dirty J. Martini

• Well Established
  • I'm Pro-Accordian and I Vote!
Vegas - TAM5
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2006, 10:19:47 PM »
Oh yeah - 2 other cool non-Vegas things to do in Vegas:

1) If you're a science nerd, check out the Museum of Atomic Testing. It's a 10 minute drive from the strip, east on Flamingo. It costs $10 per person.

2) If you're a chocolate lover, check take the chocolate factory tour at Ethel M's. (It's free!) They also have a cactus garden, and believe it or not, a green wastewater treatment facility (called "The Living Machine") that you can check out.

Offline Noah R. Miller

• Frequent Poster
Vegas - TAM5
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2006, 06:29:35 AM »
Quote from: "dcardani"
Oh yeah - 2 other cool non-Vegas things to do in Vegas:

1) If you're a science nerd, check out the Museum of Atomic Testing. It's a 10 minute drive from the strip, east on Flamingo. It costs $10 per person.

2) If you're a chocolate lover, check take the chocolate factory tour at Ethel M's. (It's free!) They also have a cactus garden, and believe it or not, a green wastewater treatment facility (called "The Living Machine") that you can check out.

You can also go to the actual atomic testing site so long as you get your stuff set up a month ahead of time.
-Christopher Hitchens

Offline champagnej

• Keeps Priorities Straight
Vegas - TAM5
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2006, 01:27:44 AM »
Quote from: "Jay"
We have them once or twice a year as Ness event.  Goto www.theness.com and keep an eye out for out next event.  I dont think we have a date yet but if enough people show an interest(hint hint) Steve can schedule one.  We usually have a speaker and food.  In the summer we have a pool available.

Please let there be an Annual Novella Brothers Bikini Contest

Offline BrianEngler

• Off to a Start
    • Facebook Page
Vegas - TAM5
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2006, 02:15:47 PM »
I, too, regret that I will not be able to make TAM 5 due to work commitments.  I'm hoping TAM 6 works out since I can start planning a year ahead, and that I get to meet all the Skeptics' Guide rogues and forum denizens there.
I'll join NESS and watch for your next meeting, Jay.  Thanks for the heads up.  Virginia isn't that far from New England.  8)
Brian Engler

In our civilization, and under our republican form of government, intelligence is so highly honored that it is rewarded by exemption from the cares of office.
Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Offline Mike

• Frequent Poster
    • SGUFans.net
Vegas - TAM5
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2006, 02:47:16 PM »
Quote from: "BrianEngler"
I, too, regret that I will not be able to make TAM 5 due to work commitments.  I'm hoping TAM 6 works out since I can start planning a year ahead, and that I get to meet all the Skeptics' Guide rogues and forum denizens there.
I'll join NESS and watch for your next meeting, Jay.  Thanks for the heads up.  Virginia isn't that far from New England.  8)

Hey I'm doing the same.  Joining NESS and looking forward to the next meeting.  I'm in Canada, 7.5 hour drive to Stamford, 7.25 hour drive to Boston (not sure where these things are held).  I'm sure it'll be worth it.

I'll bring a cardboard cutout of Tom Cruise for Jay so he can let go of his anger. :)

Offline BrianEngler

• Off to a Start
    • Facebook Page
Vegas - TAM5
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2006, 03:01:21 PM »
Quote from: "Mike"
I'll bring a cardboard cutout of Tom Cruise for Jay so he can let go of his anger. :)

Can't wait to see that.  :lol:   But will Jay let "Tom" join in champagnej's bikini contest?
Brian Engler

In our civilization, and under our republican form of government, intelligence is so highly honored that it is rewarded by exemption from the cares of office.
Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Offline Mike

• Frequent Poster
    • SGUFans.net
Vegas - TAM5
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2006, 04:58:00 PM »
Quote from: "BrianEngler"
Quote from: "Mike"

Can't wait to see that.  :lol:   But will Jay let "Tom" join in champagnej's bikini contest?

probably just so he can drown him :)

Offline ramboelmo

• Off to a Start
Vegas - TAM5
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2007, 09:59:23 AM »
Well I am giong and Will be in on Friday morning and leave sunday night. I reserved a 2 bed room so I could split the cost with someone. I will also be posting this on the TAM 5 forums.   On the TAM forums they suggested a little background so here it is Male non smoker Booya.

Offline jpenn

• Off to a Start
Vegas - TAM5
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2007, 08:07:43 PM »
Sorry guys (and gals) I posted the same question on the "General Discussion" forum   TAM5 Who's going  :oops:

Just found out last week that I will be able to take time off to go to TAM5. I made my reservations on Monday. I would like to know how many forum members I can expect to meet there.

See you there!!!

I will be there on Tuesday. Need to get my "poker FIX" before the fun starts.

Regards
John

Offline Mike

• Frequent Poster
    • SGUFans.net
Vegas - TAM5
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2007, 07:59:55 AM »
Well I hope all you people at TAM5 are having fun!

..... bastards. ;)

personate-rain
personate-rain