Author Topic: What's wrong with those pizzas? (Images)  (Read 5133 times)

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Stopped Going Outside
What's wrong with those pizzas? (Images)
« on: September 09, 2018, 01:17:23 PM »
I found this on Twitter:

Quote from: Mike Bird
Sweden is going to the polls today. I have nothing of interest to say about this other than those guys can mess up a pizza like no other country on this crazy planet #val2018 #valet2018

I have never eaten a pizza with fries on. But otherwise, what's wrong with those pizzas? They look great to me. What are pizzas supposed to look like?
"I’m a member of no party. I have no ideology. I’m a rationalist. I do what I can in the international struggle between science and reason and the barbarism, superstition and stupidity that’s all around us." - Christopher Hitchens

Offline DevoutCatalyst

• Well Established
Re: What's wrong with those pizzas? (Images)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 01:30:45 PM »
All look great to me. I'd sprinkle mixed nuts and sunflower seeds in the shell on one and feed it to my neighborhood crows. Feeding pizza to crows is something I do every Christmas day. Crows love me (to the extent that crows give love). Crows enjoy their pizza.

Offline Harry Black

• International Man of Mystery
  • Global Moderator
  • Poster of Extraordinary Magnitude
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 01:31:49 PM »
I dunno man.
Pizza preferences seem to be one of those things people have overly strong opinions about.
They all look delicious to me.

Also- apparently crows can be really affectionate and good pets?

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
    • Hyperwar, WWII in Hypertext.
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 01:41:47 PM »
Bananas? Seriously? Yer goin' to Hell for that one.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline Redamare

• Deleted
  • Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 02:06:45 PM »
I'm with Harry on this one, except that only the second one (with the fries) looks like it might (repeat might) be good to me.

Crows are wonderful creatures.
"redamare has kicked this thread's ass" -champagnej

Certainty is the enemy of wisdom.

--RED-uh-MAR-ay--

Offline Rai

• PIZZASAURUS
  • Global Moderator
  • Too Much Spare Time
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 02:26:12 PM »
That they are horrifying abominations?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy horrifying pizza abominations. I especially love the insane ones from Southern Brazil:

But these are the kinds of pizzas whose sight could kill half the population of Italy. They are the Sharknado 6s of pizzas.

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2018, 02:52:50 PM »
I'm with Harry on this one, except that only the second one (with the fries) looks like it might (repeat might) be good to me.

Crows are wonderful creatures.
Nacho cheese fries pizza. The seventh seal has been opened.
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Herald Express, Sat, 12/06/41

Offline Redamare

• Deleted
  • Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2018, 04:01:47 PM »
I mean, if you like nacho cheese fries, there's no reason not to like them on top of a bread circle. What makes me recoil from the "banana horrors" is the unappealing flavor combo.

--RED-uh-MAR-ay--

Offline DevoutCatalyst

• Well Established
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2018, 04:12:23 PM »
Also- apparently crows can be really affectionate and good pets?
As I understand it, in the USA it's not legal to keep an American Crow as a pet although on YouTube you can see that people do keep them. There are hunting seasons in my state if you want to shoot a bunch, though. Wild crows, even in rural areas where they are more skittish, will tame to where you can hand feed them. It' s apparently not the easiest bird to tame in that manner and I've not done it, thinking it's better for them that they stay wary. When I'm out for a walk crows will land in a tree above me and I only know it because of their shadows, they're pretty silent when they want to be. I always carry nuts with me, and the crows know me all over town and seek handouts. In bitter cold winter conditions they lose their wariness and will approach you at close distances for food.

Offline Redamare

• Deleted
  • Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2018, 04:18:16 PM »
I don't really think of crows as being "tame" or "wild", anymore than I would think of humans that way. They're smart enough to distinguish between trusting individuals and trusting people.

--RED-uh-MAR-ay--

Offline Tassie Dave

• Frequent Poster
  • Go Tiges
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2018, 04:30:19 PM »
Banana on a pizza is a bit weird  ??? No problem with the pineapple, the Hawaiian is an Aussie favourite, but at least cut it up  ;)

Chips is a strange choice, but I could get behind it  8) but not with mayonnaise  ??? I'm with Jules and Vincent on that one, blerrgghhh  :(

Offline seamas

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2018, 11:08:07 AM »
These pizzas remind me of a story one of my friends told me when he worked as a cook.
A young woman ordered Eggs Benedict, but broccoli instead of ham and tofu scramble instead of eggs and no hollandaise.
There's no such thing as denial.

Offline gebobs

• Seasoned Contributor
  • Me like hockey!
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2018, 02:52:26 PM »
Barf.

Offline random poet

• That's bullshit!
  • Frequent Poster
  • On n'a jamais le temps, le temps nous a.
    • I have a LJ
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2018, 03:12:55 PM »
What's wrong with those pizzas is that they are an aberration of nature, God(s) and the Universe. They are a war crime.

Bananas? White stuff? (Is it mayo? Is it sour cream? Is it some other unnamable abomination? There are no right answers.) Fries? Lettuce? You have gone too far. If someone from Italy sees this thread, half the country will instantly die, and the other half will declare war on Scandinavia.
Aujourd'hui j'ai vu un facteur joyeux.

Online Noisy Rhysling

• Stopped Going Outside
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2018, 03:55:01 PM »
According to Ryan Reynolds the French put mayo on their fries.